Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Living In His Legacy

Today, I continued a Damon tradition. I am not sure who knows or who doesn't, but Damon used to cut lawns as a side business. He had at one time I think up to 12 lawns that he cut by himself (and sometimes with his nephews) and we continued to cut after we were married. I believe we only cut them for the one season after we were married...I can't remember if we cut them the second year of marriage or not. ANYWAY...I say all of that to say this. Damon has one lawn left that he had continued to cut because it is so close to the house and I am not sure if he just wanted to try to help the people out as they are older. Well, the boys and I tackled that lawn today. I hope the Lord let Damon see it :) hehehe. I have cut it before, but I had all three nephews in the truck and Honey was riding shot gun, along with Michael. I have pulled a horsetrailer a long time before I ever met Damon, but his lawn trailer, in my opinion is hard to hook up. So, I prayed that the Lord would help me and it actually went more smoothly than I can ever remember before. We got everything loaded up and were finished in about an hour. Of course Damon had it done that quickly by himself, and I had Michael's help and then the two younger ones used the blower to cleanoff the porch and walkways (I hope anyway). I just hope that he could see all of us and was laughing. It wasn't sad, and there are no tears in heaven, so I try to keep everything happy for Damon so that he might see bits and pieces of my life and know that I love him and will be okay. I need to get cleaned up now though, sweat and fresh cut lawn are a unique smell. They actually remind me of the times I had with Damon. However, I think clean smells better. :) So, talk to you all later. Pray for me today. I usually wake up thinking about him, but just a FYI and praise, I don't think I had bad dreams last night either. So PTLord.

Damons Kasey

1 comments:

Juls4Him said...

You GO girl!