Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Good Thought

Run the race with eternity in view.

You know I have wanted to go to heaven ever since I have been serving the Lord. I guess everyone wants to go to heaven. But there is a difference in wanting to go to heaven and LIVING to go to heaven. Making decisions every day that will help you attain your goal OF heaven. Responding kindly when you want to bite the persons head off, remaining calm when traffic is ridiculous, letting your nephews know the right way to behave when really you would just like to tell them to knock it off. There is a difference between sin and fault. No, it may not be wrong to get upset at the traffic, but yes it would be wrong to be screaming and cussing at the driver who just made you mad. However, what I do with the anger makes the difference. God gave me the emotions that I am feeling. The sadness, anger (not at Him though, thankfully), hurt, doubting. But I wonder, did He give us those emotions to be used as WE typically use them. For instance, fear. There are two different kinds of fear, one is to fear the Lord i.e. reverance or respect, and fear from the enemy which has torment. I hope this makes sense. I guess I say all of this because I have gone through a gauntlet of emotions, but God is big enough to handle all of this and even though I may not be able to understand a thing. My God can handle ME. He can direct my heart, if I have to cling to Him with a single thread, he will make sure that thread hangs strong. My heart is to please HIM. Plus, I want to see Damon again too :)

love n prayers,

Damons Girl

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are awesome thoughts Kasey. Thanks for helping me stay on track today and reminding me what is REALLY important.

Anonymous said...

AMEN...I needed this perspective today. It has been tough here at home. Just having to leave it all to the Lord. When I was there with you, it was easier. God is able to even help a blockhead like me....PRAISE THE LORD....mommy

Unknown said...

Kasey, I have someone for you to pray for. Her name is Jesse (Jessica), and she's about 14 or 15. At camp, we were all talking about dates to the banquet, and someone said they had a boyfriend. Another staffer said, well it's not like you're getting married. Jesse said, "I don't believe in marriage anymore; I've seen my mom go through too many divorces, so I just don't beleive in it anymore." For me, I went from giggles to near tears in an instant. She did get saved a few days after that, and God blessed the first staffer with some wisdom that we are praying will create healing for the family, but I know the pain and doubt from what she has seen her mother experience will take more time to heal in the young girl's heart. I felt like since you cherish love and marriage so much, you would be a good prayer warrior on her behalf.

I'm glad to see you are still on the positive note for the Lord. Most of the time we never do see how much of a blessing we really are to those around us, just as Damon always doubted his own witness. But it should be more appearant with his passing how subtly God really does minister through us. Always remember that you are a moon reflecting the light of the Son!

XXOO, Tammy