Friday, August 10, 2007

Sometimes....

...there are certain memories that just hit you. You know, it's like you have a hard time remembering much from the past yet something will trigger a memory and you think, wow, I haven't thought about that in a long time. This morning was just such a case. I was driving to work thinking about Damon and his asthma attack that took him, for some reason it made me think of the lady who used to be on Bible Answers, Micky something...and her son. He died of an asthma attack too. I told Damon when that happened, which was about two years ago, that it really scared me. I didn't want him to die, I wanted him with me. I was scared by this death because my husband had asthma too and if the Lord didn't intervene or the medicine didn't work then there wasn't much you could do for an attack. What hit me the hardest in this memory was what Damon said in response to my fear, he said "if it's my time to go, it's my time to go." That was comforting to me in a way. He wasn't scared, he was comfortable in the fact that when God called him than it was his time and he was ready. I hope this makes sense. I miss him terribly, horribly in fact. I miss him soooo sooo soo bad. But, I guess y'all knew that. I had a dream about him last night, kind of good but kind of bad. In the dream I knew he was going to die (from an asthma attack) and I was getting to do things with him one last time. Like feel his biceps. hehehe. I hope that is okay to type that. I was riding in the truck with him, my old white truck I had when we first got married. It wasn't altogether good, but atleast I had a dream about him. I been praying for them for a long time.

0 comments: