Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dilema

I hope I spelled that word right, in the title. Tigger came home last night...you can so tell he is feeling back to himself, for the most part anyway. I am thinking now that I look back on things, that he had been exhibiting symptoms for about two weeks before this all happened. When I moved him to inside only he would meow and meow and meow, so much so I bought ear plugs so I could sleep at night. Well, the last couple of weeks I had been thinking "man, he's finely calming down" cus he would sleep a lot and wouldn't meow hardly at all. Now that I know he was sick, I am thinking that this is why he was so calm, because last night, mr. earplug returned. THAT CAT! I love him though, crazy as he is. My dilema is, he is on three medications and I am leaving for Idaho in about 2.5 weeks. He has to be on the medicine for the next THREE weeks. By the time I leave two of the three meds will be done and the one left is only to be given once a day. I have thought of doing three things. One of which is boarding, however I found out I can't do that. Tiggers yearly vacc's were due about the time Damon passed, and well I just been doing other things and haven't thought too much about Tigger's vacc's since that time. He has to be up to date to board and I can't get him vaccinated until after he's off the medicine, which is while I am in Idaho. Scratch that. Secondly, I have thought of flying him to Idaho with me...I know, it's crazy but atleast I could guarantee he gets his meds and could watch for any reoccurence of symptoms. But I am doubting that is going to work. Lastly, paying Michael to give him his meds once a day and check on him give him a print out of the symptoms, call the vet, let them know I will be out and if for some reason tigger needs to come in, I will pay upon my return. Not that I look forward to spending anymore, and since Jesus took care of Tigger, I don't think I will need to pay anymore. So what do yall think?

I am really looking forward to going to Idaho soon. It will be nice for a break from everything. I am getting a treadmill tonight too, so I can work off some of my junkless trunk...hahahaha, get it wendy and tam.

I had weird dreams about Damon last night, really weird. I just wish he was here. Last night I was looking at pictures and realizing, I haven't held his hands or felt him holding me in a really long time. He will never be here to hold me again, it was just a weird thought, I didn't really like it. :(

8 comments:

wemmies said...

Whatcha gon do without that junk, without that junk inside yo trunk!

Question... how is it a trunk if it has no space for junk?? I think you are more trunkless than a junkless trunk. ;)

wemmies said...

BTW! I vote Michael! :D

Erika J. said...

i vote michael too.

he can handle it.

Anonymous said...

Re-check with the vet that was caring for you cat\doing the blood work tests for him earlier this week. Most vets won't treat an animal if they're behind in they're vaccines, but since this one did they've already set a precedent of caring for an animal who isn't current on they're vaccines so they shouldn't have a problem with boarding them.

Or... I'm assuming you were going to have someone feed\water\change the litter box for your cat and dog while you were on your trip - so it should be easy enough for this person to give the cat its meds as well?

Or... change your vacation plans by 1/2 a week, and just leave a few days later so you can give the cat its final prescription (most airlines will let you change flights for a fee).

Caring for a pet is no different than caring for a child :)

Tam said...

Michael for sure....and your right...no junk in that trunk...

Erika J. said...

you're more than welcome to have some junk from my trunk.

Bekka said...

hey you checking out the war I have started against Lindsi on michael and her's blog.

Bekka said...

Its hilarious! Oh and I vote Michael, if he wants me to that is. :D