Monday, August 13, 2007

My Kitty

Well, I don't really know where to start. When Damon and I had been married about a month he brought me home a sweet little bitty two week old kitten. We named him Tigger Woods Broyles. He is all black with yellow eyes. I had to bottle feed him and make him potty. If you don't know mother cats have to lick (sorry to gross ya out) their kittens to get the little ones the tinkle and poo sensation. WHICH I DID NOT DO (FOR WENDY;)I used baby wipes or warm moistened paper towels. So I was in many ways his kitty mommy. As he got older we introduced him to outside and he began spending more and more time out there. Well, before Damon died I was starting to get sick of all the fighting and the scratches and absceses. Not to be gross or anything. After Damon passed I noticed he was limping, and upon further inspection noticed he had an abscess IN his paw :(grr. I found two more spots making a total of three absceses. Mind you the cat IS neutered so why he feels the need to fight, I guess I can chock it up to not neutering him soon enough. I didn't like keeping the cats inside much because of Damon's asthma. I would vacuum the couch and behind things to make sure our house was relatively clean and it wouldn't affect my husband. Tigger was probably outside 80% of the time. Well after Damon passed away I was at my wit's end with that cat. I couldn't keep taking him to the vet all the time for absceses, and I hated seeing him all tore up. I decided to convert him to full time indoor. Fast forward to yesterday, I get home and notice Tigger staggering and his gums were almost white, which means a lack of oxygen. I called the ER vet and they said to bring him in. I am thinking I just lost Damon, this cat is something Damon gave to me, I can't lose him too! The vet's prognosis wasn't good, the treatment wouldn't guarantee he would even live. His liver wasn't doing well, for some reason. It was 12 times the normal reading and he needed a blood transfusion. I know, you are probably thinking, all of this for a cat! Well that cat is a part of what my husband gave to me, one of his gifts and I don't want to lose him! I figured (while praying) that I would try atleast once (with treatment) and if it didn't work then and only then would I put him down. They put a cathetar in him, injected him with steroids and put a fluid iv in him and gave him the transfusion. His temperature at it's highest was almost 105. Normally it should be 102. He tested negative for Feline Lukemia which was good. I asked for prayer at church last night, I just didn't want to lose my cat that Damon gave to me. Well, I had to be at the vet by 6:30 this morning. He was doing "a little better" according to the nurse. I read the notes and his fever had gone down to 101. something and it said "Kitty is feeling much better". He isn't out of the woods by any means yet and I had to take him to a normal vet this morning straight from the ER vet, but God is in control. I have learned everything is in God's hands. You can be loaded with med's and they may or may not do their job. Its ultimately in His hands. Pray for my Tigger. PLEASE. Yes he is "just" a cat, but he is mine and a gift from my husband and God cares because I do, so it's important.

In other news....my green beans were okay I think. Not wonderful, but still perty good. The welcome back was fun and whoever made the chocolate pie thing, YUM.

I think the Lord really answered some prayers for me last night, because I am not aching nearly as much today. I was having a SUPER hard time last week. BAD. God has made me okay for today and I am going to live in Today and try to bless Him in all that I do. I was reading Damon's planner last night from 2003. It had some of the cutest things marked, like the day he proposed to me and how many days til' he saw me. OH that man was so wonderful!

I neeeed to find my white outfit for PON, a blowdryer, mine died...and hairspray. I also need to get hotel reservations for the assembly. Still haven't done that yet. I hope I can find one.

Love n prayers, me

7 comments:

Tam said...

I'm glad to hear that kitty is doing some better. I pray that you have a good day.
Love ya

Rachel said...

I'll pray for Tigger! Poor kitty!

Erika J. said...

praying for tigger!

i know how it feels to be attached to an animal. they can become family ya know.

wemmies said...

I would have made it clear that I didn't lick my kitty to help her potty. :P

Other than that.. praying. :D

Kasey said...

I put a disclaimer in the post now ;P

Erika J. said...

LOL!

I KNEW she was going to say something about that. hahaha!

wemmies said...

:D hehehehe.