Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Tribute To My Penguin

With Tammy's help we are setting up a memorial for Damon. The domain name(or whatever you call it, she would know) is ready. It is www.damonbroyles.com
Tammy is doing all the work, I just supplied pictures and thoughts. Since I am clueless about so much of this. Anyway, the different design elements won't be up right away but you can go comment.

I don't know what to write. I have so many thoughts going through my head. I don't want to say or do anything wrong and I want to please the Lord even in my time of mourning. I just want to make it to heaven. I just want to make it! I want to see my husband again. Heaven is about serving God and making it for Him, but it is okay to look forward to seeing Damon? People keep telling me the things that seem important now won't matter then. It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around. Life will be so different from the life we have known that I can't understand it. I just know I miss my husband and that I love him more than I can even describe. God will never give me more than I can handle, so I know I will be okay, eventually....

6 comments:

wemmies said...

Why don't you put what you read at the funeral. That was great. She also could probably put a song in the background. I think this is a good idea. I found myself wishing he still had his myspace just so we could look and comment. This is cooler though. I am glad.

Kasey said...

I wish he still had his myspace too, he just got sick of all the junk.

Rachel said...

That is a really good idea, Kasey. I'm so glad you thought of it.

It says a lot about Damon that he deleted his because he got sick of all the junk. I know I watch out for Brad's for him.

And it is SO not wrong to want to get to heaven to see Damon. Like Bro. Campbell said, it just makes heaven that much sweeter to have our loved ones there. Just imagine how awesome it will be to see Damon in heaven. Then think that as totally awesome it will be to see him, it will be even MORE awesome to see Jesus.

Love you Kasey. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Tonya said...

Hey Kasey...I've been reading your blog almost daily, and I think it's awesome that you can let our your feelings like you do. I know writing my thoughts helps me tremendously. Keep on doing it if it helps!

I wish I had a chance to know you better, because if Damon loved you, then I know you're a great person :)

I do blog somewhat. The main location is at http://frogdiva.livejournal.com . I try to remember to cross-post those entries over to MySpace, but I usually forget. I used to write everyday or several times a day, but it's dwindled a bit lately.

wemmies said...

I registered and commented. :)

wemmies said...

I just want to say that I went and read Tonya's 2 blogs about Damon and I chuckled until I cried and then I cried in thinking of the memories of how sweet Damon was... *sigh*
Thanks Tonya... that was a good read. I like hearing other people's memories of him. I would have LOVED to see him dance at his prom! I can only imagine he would have me wanting to chant "go white boy, go!" *snicker*