Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday



Today is Friday, though I guess ya'll already knew that. I miss my husband already today. I keep going through his notes for me and he would sign them "looking forward to many more years with you and Jesus" or something similar. At first that hurt, wondering why we couldn't have had many more years. Then I realized...Damon DID want many more years with me, but God had a different plan. It wasn't that Damon wanted to leave his life with me, God was ready for him in Heaven and Damon's work was finished. God also knows my pain. The Bible says (and I don't know where and it won't be word for word) precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. Damon's death is precious to the Lord, because he WAS a saint. He was upright before the Lord, now Damon and the Lord are in communion with one another. Damon served the Lord by faith, having not seen Him, and now he can see Jesus face to face. He has received his reward. God also knows how my heart has been broken and will bring this around for my good. I keep saying God sees the end from the beginning, and I am sure it seems like I talk about God a lot, but that was Damon and I's life. We LIVED and I still LIVE to serve God. Nothing else in life matters, I shouldn't say it doesn't matter. God first, then everything else will fall in place as it needs to be. God will put the desires in my heart that I need to have. To serve others, to share HIS name, to love my family wholly and purely, to be an Christian example, so on. Even down to how I dress each day and act at work or wherever I may be. My heart for God will motivate everything about me, minor or major, to be like Him. I aspire to be like my husband, my husband wanted to be like Jesus. Thus I will be like Jesus, if I DO what I need to do before Him. Damon had a Bible with him almost anywhere and everywhere he went. I truly believe Damon was God's GREATEST gift to me (aside from the Salvation, Sanctification, and Baptism of the Holy Ghost I have received) in my life. I learned so much with him. I learned what is was to be a wife and what it meant to serve. Not out of a master-servant relationship, but because he loved me and wanted to make me happy and I in return wanted to make his every want/wish/need come true. I love Damon Broyles, I will ALWAYS love my husband. I can't possibly express how truly deeply in love I am with him. I am STILL in love with him. We had a whirlwhind romance. It all happened so fast. We met (online) and married within approx. 10 months. I remember the first voice mail I got from him and I heard his southern drawl, SHEWEE it was cute. Though my time with him will never feel like enough, I am so thankful I was blessed with the opportunity to love him and be loved by him. Those he is in the Lord's care now, I still consider him MY Damon, MY Penguin, My Groom.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You sound like you are doing good today, and your thoughts are very very true. It is so wonderful that you guys had 3 years to share your love together. God has been so good to you!

Love you Kasey!

Anonymous said...

kasey, I enjoy seeing the pictures. You do sound like you are having a better day. "One Day at a time" right? I enjoy reading your blogs. I can see that you have a wonderful support system in your family, friends and church. Although, as I have said before, I don't know you and have had only one or two contacts with Damon since school, I am praying for you. As a wife, I am praying for you. As a Christian, I am praying for you. I am touched by your relationship with both God and each other. You have truly been blessed with more in just a few years than some will have in all their lifetime. I know you are thankful for that, as I am every time I look at my family. Christian love to you
Kristie Bratcher