Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Sweet Damon's Obituary

Richard “Damon” Broyles, 30, of Old Hickory, Tennessee, was promoted to glory in Pigeon Forge, TN on Tuesday, June 19, 2007. Visitation will be held at Phillips Robinson Funeral Home in Old Hickory, TN on Thursday, June 21 from 6-8p.m. and Friday, June 22, from 2-8 p.m. The Memorial Service to honor and celebrate his life will be held at THE Church of God, 6065 Mt. View Road, Antioch, TN at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 23 with burial to follow in Hermitage, TN. Damon fought with asthma his whole life, but was unable to fight this attack that would take him from this life to the next. He was born to Richard and Judy Broyles on November 14, 1976 in Nashville, TN the youngest of three children. He grew up in the Nashville, TN area and graduated from Mount Juliet High School in 1995. He started working for the Metropolitan Nashville Public School system in the late nineties as a painter and had worked there up to the time of his passing on. He married the love of his life, Kasey, on March 20, 2004 in Nampa, ID. He loved God first and foremost, THE Church of God, his wife, Kasey, and his family. Damon was a hard worker and recently been promoted to a Lead Man position for Metro School‘s Maintenance Department. He was always staying busy. He loved spending time with his wife, and their dog, Honey, or as he called her his princess. He loved his nephews and teaching them how to do different things, or having their help as he mowed a lawn. Damon liked working on anything and loved Ford trucks. He was a third generation painter and truly liked what he did. He was as professional and excellent a painter as they come. He loved his Mom and Dad and his sisters Fancy and Yvonne. He had a pure heart for his Jesus and loved him with such a sweet and childlike way. He was an example to all who met him, and exemplified what a true godly character meant. He never met a stranger and was willing to give you the shirt off of his back. Though Damon is in heaven, and walking the streets of Glory with his Savior, he will be sorely missed by his wife and family. My sweetest Damon, my one and only penguin, I love you babe, with every breath in me. I will never ever forget you or the true, genuine, and sweetest of loves that we shared. You are my hero and my knight in shining armor. I love you, your bride, Kasey.

8 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Kasey, Brother Smith and I intend to come to the funeral, Lord willing. I really want to be there. I felt Damon's sweet spirit each time we met. He was always the same--always sweet, and the child-like faith and spirit could always be detected. The world is richer because of his life and testimony. TCOG is crying for you and upholding you in their prayers. God will lead you through this dark valley. Keep holding His hand.

emily said...

Kasey, that is the most beautiful obituary I have ever read.

I love you , em

Pam said...

Kasey we are praying for you. I agree with emily that is the most beautiful obituary I have ever read.

Netty said...

Kasey,
As I read the testimony of Damon's life, I thought how true. Damon was all of those things. Bro. Sutton and I thought a lot of him. He was a good man, but you know that, so I just want to tell you again that we love you and if there is anything we can do for you let us know.
We know that God can and will give you peace, but in the times of your greatest pain know that God has not left you alone, he has given you "family" all over the world to hold you when you cry.

Love,
Sis. Net
Psalm91

wemmies said...

Kasey.. all the pics and things of Damon's that were sitting around the room tonight were so comforting and thoughtful. You are great.. hold on.. it wont be long.. you will see him again. He will have that big goofy grin on his face waiting for you.

Tonya said...

Kasey, I just wanted to let you know how beautiful the words are here, and all of the things you have posted in your blog. What a great way to remember him, and keep him in your heart forever.

Anonymous said...

Kasey, I am very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. I graduated high school with Damon. The things I remember most are his smile and his laugh. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Kasey, I cannot imagine the grief and pain that you are feeling. I graduated with Damon, and like others always remember his smile and cheerfulness. I do know that his love for you was as big as this universe. He would never have chosen to have you hurt this way. We as humans are programmed to be 'selfish' and want to keep our loved ones close to us forever, even though we know it is His plan and not ours. Even the strongest of faiths can be tested in times of loss. I will pray for your strength and for peace within your heart. You seem to have a very strong faith in the Lord and that will help you through, even when you doubt. I am praying for you.