Monday, June 11, 2007

Brother Raines, a truly wonderful person

Brother Emmett Raines passed away last night. Brother and Sister Shaw, The Ridells, and Damon and I went to visit him at the hospital last night. Pray for Sister Raines, she is doing amazingly well. YES it is a tremendous comfort to know he is in his mansion by now probably, with the Lord, hand in hand. But, there is still the emotion of grief for his family. Sister Raines spent her whole life with this man, the man she loved deeply. You could see it in her. I cannot imagine. Loss of life is so hard. I woke up with them on my mind this morning, PLEASE pray for their comfort and peace and, well I just want them to feel the Lords arms wrapped around them. I have felt HIS sweet peace and I want that for them. Pray for Theresa, and Crystal, and Bubba, Holly, and Ashley, and the family that I don't know. I am not sure when the funeral will be. God knows our pain, and our sorrow, and our grief, and our JOY for Brother Emmett, that he made it! Sister Rachel R said last night, she was jealous of him. (she said it in a good way) "to see the things he's seeing and do the things he's doing" AMAZING. Brother Raines will always be a hero in my mind. His demeanor and character were among the sweetest I have ever met. There are people you come across in life that stick out and become someone you look up to. That are just different from most, for whatever reason they become precious in your sight. Brother Raines was one of them, his spirit reminds me of Sister Grandma Babe in Idaho. Just a truly amazing person.

0 comments: