Monday, June 25, 2007

A Good Day

I have had a much better day today. Don't get me wrong, I have thought about Damon A LOT, but today has been a lot better thanks to the Lord. I was thanking the Lord tonight for letting me have the privilege of having a man so wonderful as my husband for over three years. Many people don't have what I had, and I am suprememly blessed to have had the husband that I did and still carry him in my heart. Always.

I am trying to fill my days, and I do better with people around me...so if yall could blog it would really help :) And you can talk to me about Damon, that actually helps too. I am scared people will forget. Forget the legacy he left, forget to call me and talk to me...that may sound needy. I just need people, so if you want to visit, feel free. ANYTIME. Rachel and Sara came to see me tonight and we went to dinner along with the rest of my family minus my dad who flew home tonight.

Continue to pray for my Dad, even amongst the grief I see rays of hope, but he needs the Lord to keep him. Pray for my mom, she is sick. Pray for me that I have good dreams and continue to feel the Lord's comfort. Pray for Damon's family. I appreciate all of the support and everything everyone has done for me and the family. Just continue to blog and talk, I have been missing it since so many are away at camp.

4 comments:

Emily W said...

Hi Kasey,

We have been praying for you here in Alabama. I don't know if you remember me from the BA board or not. I was sillygoose. Anyway, I remember you from the board and how it seemed all of your posts reflected your love for Damon so strongly. I didn't know Damon, but I'll always remember your posts about him that were so full of love and adoration. You are a special person Kasey.

God Bless You,
Emily Wallace

Anonymous said...

Hello Kasey,
I am so very sorry for your loss! I graduated with your husband from Mt. Juliet high school in 1995. Although I did not know him personally, I did know who he was. He sounds like a wonderful man and I wish I could have known him. I cannot begin to imagine how incredibly hard this is for you and your family. I just wanted to let you know I will keep you and your family in my prayers and I will ask those at church also to pray for you all. Keep your faith in God and he will get you through this. I'm sure you will based on your heartfelt, loving blog. It sounds like you two had a wonderful life together! He will always be with you...looking out for you! I wish you all of the best. And if you ever need another prayer...or an ear, please feel free to send me a message...patrritt@hotmail.com or visit my myspace site at www.myspace.com/kendraritter
I wish you all the best in the days to come. Again I am so sorry for your loss.
In Christian Love,
Kendra (Lawrence) Ritter

Netty said...

Kasey,
No words of wisdom, just simply I love you. I will be down in July and would love to spend some time with you if you will still be in Tennessee. Bro. Sutton has to stay in Alaska, but since I have to work during the assembly he is letting me visit my family for a couple of weeks.
I so much wanted to change my ticket and be there this week but we just couldn't work it out. We loved Damon and we love you too.
I am not good with words but I just wanted to let you know we will always remember Damon and you will always be close to our hearts.

Love,
Sis. Net

Erika J. said...

i am so thankful to the Lord for the strength and comfort he is providing you...

if you need anything, let us know.

love ya.