Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Company

I have company tonight. The house feels fuller and happier. I am thankful to the Lord for keeping me going, there are some really sad times, but those don't last ALL the time. It doesn't help to think on the things I can't change, so I need to work on the things I can. Such as: My reactions, my attitude, how I handle my "new kind of normal" (that is the book I am reading, it is actuall called A New Kind of Normal), purposing myself to be a woman after God's own heart as David was a man after God's own heart. Damon was a man after God's own heart too. I love everything about that man...EVERYTHING. He was an amazing person, and remains that way in my memories and in my heart.

I remember how Damon would say my name. I remember the flowers I got for Valentines and how he was so proud of himself (as he should have been!) He was always so excited when he did something great (which was more than he realized) or got something new. That boy, I love him. I feel like the most blessed woman in the world to have known him and to have been his wife. He was truly a special creation of the Lord. I know we are all special, but Damon was so different from the general populus. I know, I'm partial. :)

0 comments: