Monday, September 10, 2007

Damon would have liked tonight...

...I thought of him and how he would have enjoyed the evening I had tonight. I went four wheeling, both ATV and in a truck with a friends of moms, sons. If that made sense. There was two of them, one of me, and their other friends and I am not sure of all three names, but two of them were Ryan and Megan. We had a fun night of riding through lots of mud, but then someone had the idea to take the truck through a hole they got the four wheeler stuck in earlier. Guess what, the truck got stuck too. Then the other dude got his truck to pull the stuck truck out (which I was in). I imagine yall can guess what happened next,...ready....that truck got stuck too! OH mercy. So I have to get out of the truck where the water and mud are almost level with the bottom of the truck and sink, there was a ridge I could climb out on but it was still pretty deep. I was REALLY muddy at this point, my shoes were covered, my legs, my arms and face were spattered, I had chunks of mud in my hair still when I got home tonight, and there were even mud clauds in my ear. YUCK! I rode the four wheeler back to my dads truck, now mind you not only am I using Dad's truck, but mom and dad's nice newer four wheelers. I told them to be careful, people I have never met before in my life and I let them borrow expensive things. I was praying, how smart am I though?? Anyway, we got Dad's truck down there, well I drove it down to the spot, and the dude pulled the first truck out. SHEW. Okay, the second truck (the original one stuck) was REALLLY deep. I realy was scared my dads truck was going to bog down and it would end up getting stuck too. I was literally praying that it would NOT get stuck. THANK YOU JESUS, it came out fine, though a little scary at moments. It took a few attempts to get the second truck out. Damon would have loved this place, he would have had the best time. Sometimes I feel like I forget, I get caught up having fun and forget my husband is REALLY gone. It seems like reality slips me at times. Who knows, maybe it is good. Maybe if I really kept thinking about him being gone all the time, I would be sad. Only God knows. I do know a few things in life: My husband was the greatest man I have ever met and I had the pleasure of being his wife, I love my Lord and am so thankful to Him that I am His child, I want to make it to Heaven more than life itself. I love You Jesus, and thank YOU so much for Your mercy, grace, love, and everything You are and have done for me. I love you Richard Damon, forever and always and always and forever...your Bride.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

sounds like big fun . glad everything worked out for the good.

Anonymous said...

O.K. I'm commenting....YUCK!!!!! Um, not sure that I would like this or not. Maybe it would be fun, maybe??? Was it scary? You're right, Damon would have loved it.
Lynn and I were talking about you today...saying how you have proven what God's Grace & Mercy can and will do IF you let it ... and you have.
Love ya bunches

Michael said...

Love ya

Bobbinoggin said...

i am soooo sorry that your present was ruined in the mailing process. i will make sure you get one that you can use. it may not be right away, but rest assured, i'll send you another one.

will you be in tennessee or idaho for awhile? let me know so i can make sure to send you mail at the right address.

love,
me.