Thursday, November 15, 2007

His Birthday

I did a few special things on his birthday yesterday. I gave blood in his memory. You see Damon was a 2 + gallon blood donor. The last time he gave blood, we gave it together, same room, same time...it was so sweet. Sat in the recovery area together and everything. 4/05/07. So, they happened to be having a blood drive here at work yesterday, which also happend to be his birthdya, I thought it was a good way to honor him. You know what...sometimes I get panicky and I just prayed for the Lord to make me calm. It was the best blood giving experience I have ever had. Didn't even hurt really when they pricked my finger to test my iron. Which I am proud to say was at a 41, way above the required 38. GO ME. Blood pressure normal, pulse normal, temperature normal. The girl who was prepping my arm to stick the needle in said I had a hard vein. Not hard to find, hard to the touch. They said that means I have a good vein wall, which is great I guess. Well she had that cuff tight, my fingers started tinglin and my arm was a bit blue, she said look at that vein pop up, can you see it. UH NO, I couldn't see my vein popped up and ready to donate. YUCK. Those needles are fairly big ya know, but surprisingly, it doesn't really hurt. Soon as that thing was in, shoo...the blood flood gates were a gushing. I was racing the girl next to me to see if I could beat her time. Wouldn't ya know...she bled out in 5 minutes 2 seconds, I bled out in 5 minutes 10 seconds. GRR... Enough about blood...i hope someone hasn't passed out. teehee That was all for Damon though, I normally give anyway, but this day was specially for him.

After that I left work a little after noon. I went and picked up one dozen red roses, one dozen white, and a boquet of yellow flowers. I wanted a dozen yellow roses, but they were in bad shape so I didn't want to get those. Red for love, white for purity before the Lord, Yellow for Damons favorite color. It was really pretty. Yvonne, Judy, Richard, and myself all went out there. His grave marker is beautiful, and I am very pleased with it. We cried, but we were okay. It was POURING and I got soaked. PLEASE pray I don't get sick. After that, Judy took Yvonne and I out too lunch for Damon's birthday. I even got sugar free apple pie, YUM. Then yvonne and I went and cleaned out Fridge and Freezer at Damon's grandmothers house. That was our celebration I guess you could say. It wasn't a horrible day, filled with sadness, it was good. NOt wonderful, but good. Of course all of us probably cried here and there, but it wasn't dreadful. That is God. His great grace and mercy.

So here I am today...I need to decide on for sure icing recipe for Megans yellow cupcakes. Pray I get everything done. I am nervous. I want it to be perfect, as I am a perfectionist. I have a FULLLLLLLL weekend. I love you all, and thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Uggh... I had to skip the blood part. Queasy preggo tummy plus bad experience last time I gave blood... I was preggo and didn't know it!

I'm so glad you had a blessed day yesterday.

Rebekah Doran said...

Micah said that your chocolate icing was REALLY good. Micah doesn't like chocolate real well, so for him to say it was good, it must be REALLY!

Kasey said...

awwww...thanks! :)