Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Greatest Birthday Present

To My Wonderful Husband,On Your Birthday, In Heaven:

My Dearest Love, today you are in that eternal glory land rejoicing at the feet of the Savior you served for so many years. Below you, are your loved ones, remembering that on 31 years ago this very day, you came into their lives and brought so much joy. Though on that autumn day of times past you brought a beautiful light into this world, we are also saddened because it reminds us only a short time ago, we had to say goodbye to you until time is no more. It hasn't been easy Damon. We love you, with all of our hearts, with all of our souls. And, with God's great and wonderful grace, each day, we are making it.

As your wife, I have a huge hole in my heart. God created you, just for me, and of that I am convinced. However, now as I write this, I sit alone on the couch (though I am never truly alone, as I have Jesus holding my hand all the way). The very couch that once held our dreams, our problems, our every day as we sat and talked and listened. My heart hurts, my hand no longer feels your touch, my lips are empty, my eyes can no longer behold the smile I saw deep in your soul. In you, by God's grace and mercy, I found love, I found hope, I found happiness. Through God you completed me Damon. We shared love, life, laughter. Every day was an adventure, every day a joy. I learned from you, you taught me to love unselfishly. I can't say we learned over night, but through our journey of life and love and marriage together, we learned baby. Slowly, but surely. In Christ we found comradeship, in Christ we found the meaning of life, in Christ we found each other. I am still completely, truly, deeply, madly, in love with you, my groom. Thank you Jesus for accomplishing all of these things in and through the husband you gave me.

Your Mom and my Mom, miss you. You shared a love for each that was special, and deep. Your mom loves you and thinks of you, her life is obviously so different now. My mom talks of how you made her feel special, like she mattered. Thank you Damon, for loving my and my family, for being a man of integrity and embracing all that was part of me.

Your Dad and my Dad. Richard has had a hard time, but I believe the Lord has helped his heart. I know it was your greatest desire to first make heaven, and to serve the Lord. To see your family saved would be right up there as well. He misses his son babe, and that is understandable. I am thankful you got to give him that father's day card before we left. That we got to see him one last time. I have gone to the car show with him and Michael. I am trying to be what you would have me to be for your family. My dad has had a hard time, he wishes he could have done something to make your body okay, for you to still be here. I thank the Lord for my brother in law, Andy, because whatever he said (from the Lord) on that night not too long after you made heaven, has changed my daddy. He loved you Damon, so very much. Thank you for taking good care of his baby girl.

Your sisters, they miss you as well. Yvonne loves you with all of her big sister heart, and like me, but in a different but just as important way, has a hole that only you could fill. And Jesus of course. He is healing us all Damon, sometimes slowly and sometimes quickly. But we will always miss you, and that is okay. Yvonne misses her little brother, her sunshine. I know how you loved her and Fancy Damon. How you would have done anything you could for them.

Your nephews miss you too. Michael has had the hardest time without you. You were his best friend and his confidant. But I do believe God provided him with one of the greatest summers after your passing, of his life. He has a girlfriend, he plays football with the youth, he has taken great care of me. You would be so proud of him. Zacchaeus and Noah make me smile, though I have discovered I am not as cool as you, I know that I am trying to at least be some of what you were to them, as I can. I wish I had gotten to know Rachel, John, and Ryan more and hopefully will still have that chance, and though they were not as much a part of our life together, I know you wanted to spend more time with them. I remember taking Ryan out to eat at Famous Dave's and the fun we had. I am fairly sure they still think of their Uncle from time to time and it is only fond memories.

Your friends: they miss you. You touched and impacted more people than you realize. Every day, you lived the life. The life of a true holy, godly, man of God. Jesus radiated through you. Each one has grieved in different ways, but you have been thought of many many times. Memories of how you affected each life, have probably run through different ones minds, several times. I am trying to reach out to your work crew. Some have even come to a church service since you made it to heaven, how amazing is that. Thank the Lord for it.

I know I have not covered every person, milestone, or memory that you have been a part of, but at least it has helped me to write these things and has hopefully encouraged someone else on this day, your birthday. I won't say it has been easy. Easy to live, easy to comprehend why, easy to do anything without you here. It hasn't. But GOD HAS REMAINED TRUE. As you wrote in the Bride's Bible you gave me, "with the Lord, we can make it thru anything". God's grace and mercy has, and continues to be sufficient. He sees the bigger picture.

As you are in heaven, enjoying the greatest birthday present ever, we are here rejoicing for you and missing having you by our side. If I could say one thing to you my beautiful and handsome husband, it would be, thank you. Thank you for loving me and being the greatest joy of a man I have ever known. Thank you for letting the Lord use you as my personal miracle. Thank you for effecting my heart for eternity. Thank you for all that you were, and all that you remain as in my heart. Thank you for letting the Lord use you to do all of this in my life. I love You, Damon Broyles, and my love...Happy Birthday in Heaven.

Always and Forever,

Your Bride, Kasey Murri

10 comments:

Erika J. said...

thinking of you both today.

Vic said...

God be with you in a special way today knowing Damon is breathing freely in the arms of Jesus....

Tam said...

I'm praying for you today.

wemmies said...

That was very nice. I enjoyed reading it. Good job. I'm sure Heavenly Birthday Parties Rock! They are obviously by invitation only! :P

Rachel said...

I agree with Wendy!

I'll always remember Damon's last birthday. I'm so glad that he's with Jesus in eternity now!

Katie said...

Love you and Praying for you today and everyday Kasey!!

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday Damon!! I love you! and MISS you!! I can't imagine how amazing the birthday parties are up there!!! The Angles must sound beautiful singing happy Birthday!! I love you Kasy!!! I've been thinking about you today and praying for you! I love you always!!! miss you! see you soon!

Autumn said...

Kasey*

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your love and prayers on this day and everyday...it is very much appreciated....JESUS NEVER FAILS

Pam said...

I love you Kasey and that was very sweet. I can really tell that you loved Damon with all of your heart.