Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Am I Ready?

Am I ready for the Lord's return? You know, all this Israeli peace talk stuff has got me thinking how near His return must be. It kind of scares me to be honest...just because I am a thinker, and want to figure everything out. But God's ways are higher than mine. So what I can't imagine, understand, or figure out...just scares me. I am trying to just have faith and trust, and wait upon Him. Something that sticks out to me, is the parables about the 10 virgins and the two working in the fields...they were still doing what they normally did, only they were ready when the bridegroom came, or when the call was made. They were going about life, but they had made provisions to be ready at any moment. Sometimes, I just wish Damon was here, so he could help me and encourage me. It seems harder to go along without him. But I want to do my best, I want to be ready. I don't want to be scared, I just want to make it. Am I the only one that thinks like this?

3 comments:

Caet said...

No, your not the only one that thinks like that!

Anonymous said...

no, honey you are not the only one that thinks like this...i think we all do to some extent, the bible says to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling...i know we are in the end times because of the prophecies that are being fullfilled as we speak....but we can't live scared, we must keep on keeping on, ever ready for his return. i feel like it is very close, it seems so many folks are checking themselves before the Lord to make sure everything is right by him and then there are those that just seem to be getting worse and worse and worse...i know one thing for sure. God is able to take care of those who trust HIM and wait on Him, no matter what we face as long as we keep on our knees with our faces towards Him, He will help us make heaven our home....amen...be encouraged about the things that are happening, it means our redemption draweth nigh....PRAISE THE LORD.

Valerie said...

It is hard to tell if the Lord is coming back.I mean when I was a little girl and going to Church everytime the doors were open there was talk about the Lord coming back,even back then they mentioned how bad the world has gotten and it scared me.I know the world is getting bad and things are happening acording to the bible and these might be the last days.It is a scary thing I guess for the ones who are not living right.For the ones who are living right are scared a little also cause they might be scared they might not be as ready as they think.

I think about this stuff alot.