Thursday, November 15, 2007

From Damon?

A friend of mine just sent me a email with a power point presentation called "who packs your parashute". The essence of the story was about a fighter pilot who got shot down into enemy territory in the vietnam war. He survived because of his parashute and lived to tell lots of people about what he had learned. Sort of a motivational speaker. One day, a man came up to him and said you are so and so, the man said yes I am, how did you know? He responed, I packed your parashute. The pilot wondered how many times he might have passed that man by because he was just a "lowly" sailor, and he a great fighter pilot. As I said...in essence it talked about people who come into your life and add so much and how you can learn, that you need your mental shute packed, your emotional, and your spiritual shute all packed. And how the people in our lives do this for us. Not to over look what we think might be unimportant. At the end of the power point presentation there was a picture to the side of a yellow rose, a penguin with its arm around a smaller baby penguin and a text under neath in a different language. I went to alta vista babel fish and found that it was FRENCH! French was the language Damon took in high school and still sometimes used when talking to me. It was Prends Soin De Toi...in english that is, "take care of you." I don't believe in oh Damon is speaking to me from the grave...but is it okay to think that might have been a little message from God from Damon maybe? I don't know. I guess it's kind of like the time I prayed to see Damon at the airport knowing he was gone, then there was that sign in the place where he would stand waiting for me that said "wet paint". It is kind of like that I guess. I thought it was neat.

4 comments:

Katie said...

yeah! That is neat!! I really think it could have been a message from God from Damon!!!


Love you!

Tam said...

This is a good thing right? The Bible says EVERY GOOD and perfect gift is from above.
Love,
Tam

Brandon Shaw said...

I believe that God does do little things like that, knowing how it will effect us and comfort us. It may seem random and a total coincidence to the naked eye, but God... he knows. :)

emily said...

That is just the sweetest thing. I did smile. Yay for good gifts from God.