Monday, October 01, 2007

Money is evil

Okay, so not literally. The love of it is...at any rate I made a mistake on my checking account. I have tried to be very very good like Damon was with the checkbook. To honor him ya know. I had a checkbook before but didn't balance things to the penny like he did. I rounded up so that I would have a pad in there I didn't even know about. I knew it was there, but not how much, ya know. Well I have been really good about writing in things like he did and using the calculator like he did to balance it correctly and keep it looking neat. Just like he would do. However, I got a statement in the mail Friday saying I had over drafted. So I went to the bank as soon as I could get myself together and they printed off the last two banking periods. I had everything in there correctly with the exception of two things. Mcdonalds for 3 something...no big deal, cus Damon almost always kept a 20 dollar pad in there. However, I FORGOT to write in the hotel charge for assembly. A whopping 143 bucks that I had forgotten to deduct. :( MAN. So I had been using my debit car for a week, not knowing that each time was using and using more money I DIDN'T have in there. Needless to say they total bank charges were over $300. I called the bank this morning and they are going to refund $150 since we had been good customers, but this requires me to sign up for over draft protection, which you either have to open a credit card, a savings account, or a line of credit to cover should this ever happen again. GRR...I am DEBT free (with the exception of a pledge to a Christian radio station and library fees) and I DON'T want to open a credit card or line of credit. ESPECIALLY since Damon did NOT like credit cards. I want to honor him so much in all of my decisions, do things the way he would. I wish I wouldn't have messed up. I have tried so much to run things like he would, I wish I hadn't made this mistake.

4 comments:

Katie said...

don't be so hard on yourself...what is done is done, you have learned from the mistake, now move forward and don't look back...NO ONE purposely trys to over draw them selves...it was a MISTAKE, Damon would understand this....Keep your eyes on the Lord, not on the situation around you...l and p...momma

wemmies said...

Then do the savings account.

Rebekah Doran said...

If you did get a credit card, you could cut it up so that you never use it and only had it for overdraft protection.

Kasey said...

I will most likely do the savings account...they just want a lot more than i expected to start it up with. I don't like getting into his money had for me to be taken care of with for something like this and my checks have been small. I am in a pickle, I should have been more responsible.