Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Yes Momma

My mom has informed me (in her motherly way) that I need to take better care of myself. I.e. rest, water, fruits, veggies. Yes please to the first, okay on the second...if I have to on the third, and blech on the fourth. She is just worried about me, and I can't understand it cus I am a mother. That is one thing I hope I have learned from Damons passing. You can't understand until you have walked the shoes that person is in. So I can't fully understand momma's worrying, but I can try to make her feel better by doing what she would like me to, considering it wouldn't hurt anyway. So, this morning I have already had a half of an apple for breakfast and and am done with my first bottle of water AND have taken my one a day, daily vitamin. GO ME, see momma, I do good for you. :)

Thank the Lord my headache is gone AND I was asleep before 11 last night. MAN that felt good. Don't know how long it has been since that has happened. You see, the Andy Griffith show comes on at 10 and runs two episodes, ending at 11. For some reason, I find this show comforting and appealing. I have not always felt this way, perhaps its because its 99% clean (100% if you ignore the occasional smoking and barney or andy thinking a girl is hot) or because my dad and damon liked this show. Who knows...I just like it. But by the time its over, then I do my Bible reading and praying...well sometimes it has almost been 1am. Mainly cus I worry a lot at night too. So I am thinking...that I need to do my main praying at some other time than right before bed, because knowing my tendencies...I think it would help to avoid the whole time of worrying thing. Anyway, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Tomorrow is the gong show, Morgan and I are singing. I really want us to be annointed to sing what we are singing. Not only is it a cool song (it's called Shackles, Mandisa sang it on American Idol) but it talks how we need to take these shackles off our feet so we can TRULY praise the Lord. Forget everything, lay it down, and be happy. Ya know, it speaks volumes to me, and I don't want to be just a relayer of words or a performer of song, I love music and I want it to bless someone like it blesses me. I want people to get up off their feet and realize we ARE living below our priviledges and just shout for joy to the King.

Well, I think this is a pretty long blog for the day. Pray for my cousin Marissa, she is really pregnant and getting to the miserable ready to have this baby point. Pray for her to feel comfort and for the baby to come soon.

4 comments:

Grace & Co said...

You will feel so much better if you keep on taking care of yourself like your mom says. I had a glass of water last night for the first time in a LONG time and I forgot how refreshing it was! Instead I've been drinking junky stuff, like sweet tea, coffee, and Coke. They can't substitute water!

I LOVE the song Shackles! You'll do great on it I'm sure! :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Honey...I just want the best for you...spiritually, emotionally and physically...thank you....take care of you as you walk for the Lord...amen...thank you Lord for blessing her with a good nights rest and that her headache is gone....Thank you.

Rachel said...

Yay for no more headache!

Good for you for trying to be healthier. Sara was starting to get a cold last week and I started feeding her tons of fresh fruits and veggies, and I think that's what helped the cold go away. Surely you can find a way to southernize the veggies and make them yummy (i.e., cook all the vitamins out of them! LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you cousin. I love you. She can't stay in there for too much longer. They say you typically go past your due date with your first baby by about a week. Hopefully she'll come this weekend. I have Monday off so I'll get to get some rest if she isn't here. I love you and miss you.