Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Walk To School

Was really fun. I hope our church gets to do that again. It was fun to meet so many people, and I am praying that God will just bring them back because they feel something different there. My boss was impressed with my church family, or so it seemed anyway. She mentioned it later on here at work. It's funny, I work for 3 people, one of which is a health coordinator. Well the National Walk to School day is part of her stuff, and OUR church was the host site for the drop off location. HOW COOL! Thank YOU Jesus.

The Air is out here at work. It is HOT in here. They went for a fan run earlier, just to let you know how hot it is. It is cooler outside. So needless to say we wont be putting our summer clothes away anytime soon, of course I don't really do that anyway so :) But we will have no heat or a/c until sometime in December. They are replacing it here at the board.

Tonight Morgan and I sing, pray for us. Not just to sing well, though honestly I DO like to do well. I know it is for God, and truly that is all that matters but I like to sound good. My voice after all is HIS, and I want to do my best not only for Him, but for others. I don't want to be a show off, God help me not to be. I truly love love love to sing. I feel it is His gift to me, I am so glad for it. I can't express how much I enjoy singing. Anyway, I want to not only sound good, but be under the annointing. The song we are singing is so profound. I feel like there are some songs that are not necessarily traditional sounding Hymn music (tho some of the classic Hymms are my favorite) but the music to the song convey the depth of agony or seriousness of the message. Never Alone by Barlow Girl is one of those songs. It is somewhat "rockish" but to me, it still has a good worshipful tone to it, and the music conveys when you are at the bottom of your despair NEEDING to hear from God. I feel like Shackles is one of those songs...yes it is upbeat and rather hip hop sounding, but it still conveys worship and makes you want to get off your feet and say YES WITH JESUS, I CAN do ALL things. Get out of the pity party self. Trust me, I don't like worldly Christian music...what's the point, but I don't feel these songs to be in that category and if it can touch ONE person it is worth it all.

Well, that be all folks. For the record, again, and as if yall didnt already know. My heart belongs to you Damon Broyles, forever and always. I love you.

8 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, how PRETTY!!! I love the new template!

Kasey said...

Thanks!!! :)

Tam said...

Very pretty! Looks like fall!!
I love fall!!!

Erika J. said...

ooooooo. i love your template.

Anonymous said...

and the consensus is................drum roll........PLEASE....the new template ROCKS...very perty, kasey baby...ya wonna fix up your old Momma with a new Fall Motiff?

Unknown said...

i thought ya'll's song tonight was soooooo funny!

Brandon Shaw said...

Oh my goodness Kasey! Your and Morgan's song went so great tonight! I think it was my favorite act/song :D. Oh and good move putting Michael in there. He added a nice touch to it.

Well, see ya around.

Pam said...

Kasey I love your new template. It gets you in the spirit of Fall.