Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Out of it...

The "it" is shape. I am out of shape. Last night I went walking with my Nephew. That way if anybody attacks me I can sacrifice him first...JUST kidding. But I am paranoid and it helps to have someone with you ya know. Well, he wants to "jog" ha....HA....hahaHA. (IN BEST SISTER VIVIAN LAUGH) I jogged for maybe 1/10th of a mile, but altogether we walked about three miles. We took a different route back so I am hoping it is still 3 miles, at any rate the way I chose was uphill A LOT. My knees don't hurt its the sides and back of them, like the tendon or something. Can you bruise that? It felt good though and I slept last night. I didn't even wake up until right before my alarm I think. I am still feeling the crunches from two nights ago. I haven't lifted my weights in awhile, but I figure if I am going to do a half marathon pretty soon I need to get goin. Of course it is in May I think. I could be wrong. Tonight I am hoping to get another walk in before play practice at church. Pardon me if I am sweaty :) I will put lots of parfume on for everyones smelling safety. Hopefully...I will be able to jog with Michael here in a month or so. He wanted to jog back and I just don't think this out of shape body is ready yet. All in all from an estimation I have heard to use to determine how many calories you burn while walking, I burned over 400 calories. YAY. Oh and I made dinner last night, I actually COOKED. Not just microwaved. I thawed some chickent out and beat if flat then spread italian bread crumbs and shredded parmigano and rolled it up, seared it to get a nice carmalization then finished the cooking in tomato sauce. I put that over spaghetti noodles. I then steamed some veggies in the microwave and FORGOT about them. *sigh* so I brought those for lunch today. If cooking means healing, then thank You Jesus. I cooked :) I need to get the soundtrack for Megan's wedding, as I am singing. Well, I need to work. Have a great day in the Jesus everybody. And remember kids...don't try this at home.

Lastly...we have another new blogger!! Check him out! http://zacattack96.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job, honey, hang in there, the exercise and good food will go along way to help you feeling better...i love you and am proud of the changes you are making.

Sara said...

congrats on working out! i am out of shape, too, and find it so hard to motivate myself to exercise. and that dinner sounded yummy!

Tam said...

good for exercise...are you really gonna do the 1/2 marathon? It's in April.
Oh, and by the way sweat and perfume DO NOT go together..lol

Vic said...

3 miles is good for someone who is out of shape..congratulations...

I'm with Tam on perfumed stinky...get some baby wipes and clean up first...lol

Kasey said...

yes, I am really gonna shoot for it Tam. Pray for me, if I can keep going with Michael I think he will motivate me to actually get up to a jog.