Thursday, January 26, 2006

Stomach...hurts...

It would figure after the devotion and message last night about "getting that rat off your back" (rat representing worry and fear) that I would have stuff come up in my mind!
Ever want something SO bad, then it doesn't happen. Then you resign yourself to it not happening, then it could possibly happen but you are trying NOT to like the idea again so your heart doesn't hurt? I hope that makes sense. I have so many things in life I want. I don't mean worldy pleasures, I mean a home of our (damon and I) own, kids, stay at home mom, etc.. *looks in the far distance with starry eyed expression on face* God alone holds my future and nothing I think or do can change it, unless I step OUT of his leading hand. I choose to remain in the boat.

Next subject: Pettiness (hope I spelled that right)
I have had some issues lately with someone I really really trusted, it hurt, deep. This leads me to the next question, WHO can you REALLY trust? WHO has NEVER hurt me? GOD, He's the ONLY one who has never hurt me. Even my husband has hurt me, as I am sure I have hurt him, but God NEVER hurts our feelings. He may ask us to accept His will, which is not exactly as we wanted, but best for us. But He WON'T hurt us. Going back to the trust and being hurt by someone I loved part....my hubby says we (as the church and Christians in general) are going have to get over the petty stuff in our lives. That means my life, your life, your brothers sisters aunts life. Seriously! He's right too! If we can't get along here on earth (which we are only on for an average of 70ish years) how can we get a long in heaven (which we are there forever! yes I said FOREVER)? Question is...if we hold on to the pettiness, will we make it to heaven. I, of ALL people, realize we make mistakes. Man, I feel like I make them day in day out! Does it justify being treated, or treating someone else wrong?! I am speaking from my own experience here people! Life is SOOOOOOOO short! Why do we let little things bother us? We let mis read "tones" in voices tear friendships apart or atleast build a wall that we don't break down until we get the facts straight (been there,done that), we let "guys" or "girls" that we like tear friendships apart and build more walls (again, been there,done that), and here's the stupidest of all...I, KASEY BROYLES, can control who or what I let bother me! Nothing is worth losing your salvation, your friends, your family, or whatever it may be. *steps down off soap box* Speaking of soap box, do you know what that phrase really means? Back in the 1920's the womens groups wanted to be heard or the shorter men, and they would stand on literal soap boxes to be seen. The soap boxes were originally crafted of wood and were much like a small sturdy crate, thus providing the needed platform. (least that is what I saw on this one show on tv :P )

Now, more happy stuff. Morgie is coming over TOMORROW! Damon says we are like peas and carrots. Morgan Fox is truly me, only in child form (and skinny, *sigh*). We have sooooo much fun!

For all my VLB's in the teen group that read this....JAMES PLACE at church Feb 3rd 7:00pm BE THERE OR BE SQUARE. Mexican inspited dinner night, enchilads, nacho bar, yummy desserts, and drinks. Most importanly Devotion on James Chap 2, with organized fun time and UNorganized free time! 7PM to 9PM! See ya there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »