Thursday, January 05, 2006

I couldn't think of a title for this post

So I am back to the blogging world, seeking to dethrone miss happy and you KNOW who I am talking about! ;)
Made taco salad last night, eating left overs now. I have officially started my diet (as of yesterday) I did AWESOME yesterday until after church. Then it just made my diet day, OKAY. Damon stopped at Dairy Queen. I got a small blizzard, only ate about half and some of his fries. At any rate, our 2 year anniversary (yikes, time flys) is March 20th. I want to lose about 30lbs by then. If I stick to it I can do it. I have lost about 25 in a month and a half before so I just need to stick to my guns! Which talking about my anniversary brings me to the next topic of discussion. WHAT should I do? I want to surprise Damon. I was thinking Gatlinburg, OR if I could get enough money rounded up there is a special through northwest for a three day stay in cancun with hotel and air provided at $354 but...I doubt that will happen. Any ideas?
Next I need to start putting money into Honey's fly to Idaho fund. It's $160.00 round trip for her and I have to put her as a carry on item.
I need to clean this weekend. Put the decorations away, Vaccuum, dust, etc.. Will have the boys for part of the weekend so will have to work around them :) Damon is painting at Sis Tammys this Friday too. There goes my weekend...just kidding. Atleast if Damon is gone I have my termites!
Idaho was really fun! We were sposed' to get in @ 11:30pm on Christmas eve. HAHA that didn't happen! We were delayed a half hour because the planes water got serviced in Mexico and they won't allow the water to be serviced outside of the US thus...making us leave 30 mins late ouf of minneapolis. Then we got in around 12:10am in Idaho and didn't get our luggage until around 1:30 making us get home around 2am on Christmas morning. Then I had to wrap all the presents or put in gift bags ( you aren't allowed to wrap I was told) So I went to bed around 4am and got up around 7. Then we had Christmas with my mom and dad and got lots of stuff then went to the morning service at church at 11. Then at noonish we went to my Grandmas (on my moms side) then around 2:30 we went to my grandmas (on dads side) It was a great day! I don't really remember what we did each day. I know Wednesday was the MPC Bowl Game (football) and it was hailing (sp?) and REALLY cold! I had battery operated gloves (that keep your hands warm) they were STILL cold! Then the whole horse and dog and impact on the head thing! Hes fine now tho. (refer to previous post for whole story) I got my Grandmas cookbook that my Grandpa gave her shortly after they got married. It's a 1947 edtion of Better Homes and Gardens. I really want to find one on ebay or something that is in good shape that I can suplement into my Grandmas really worn areas. Then my other Grandma got me into this book my Queeda Mantle Walker (google the name) its about her family's life in the yampa valley region and growing up. Yampa Valley is in Hells Canyon in Colorado. I don't have kids yet, but I cant imagine how hard it could be....Her mother (queeda's mother Evelyn, true story too) raised FIVE kids, no electricity, plumbing, or running water, to begin with! CAN YOU IMAGINE? They had to get creek water to bath in, to water the animals, the crops, she went into labor ON A HORSE! Man, I need to apreciate modern imenties! Anywho, if you google her name you should see the book. Order if you want its a great book! If you like history!
I guess I am done for now...