Thursday, December 22, 2005

Update 2 on Judy

Judy needs prayer for her situation right now and her body. Most of you know (per my posts) that the insurance DID total her car out. She and Damon went and looked at cars today, she is looking at the car I have, a 2006 Impala. I am SERIOUSLY concerned for her, we took her to church last night and her speech is almost like her mind is processing it but her body can't get it out. Damon said she really made him nervous today test driving the car and he had to tell her twice that the cars in front of her were stopping. I have come to the conclusion her mind is working great, but because of the MS her body is processing what her mind sends in about half the speed of a normal person. I.e. she takes twice as long to respond as you or I would. My personal opinion is she doesn't need to drive and it would be better for someone to drive her then she be on the streets. As I type this I am imagining what it must feel like to have your mind fine and you body defeating you, it must be VERY aggrivating and stressful. I need love, patience, and support for her. She told her insurance if she had one more wreck she would not be driving anymore. I pray she doesn't need a wreck to realize she doesn't need to drive anymore. At any rate, please pray that she will go out of work on disability soon. And, that God will keep her safe if she is to continue with her MS.

3 comments:

Erika J. said...

Her medication could be effecting her mentally. I understand her pain and anyone who lives with chronic pain is effected in alot of ways. Maybe y'all should speak with her. She's always seemed like a pretty understanding person to me. Hope she's okay!

Rachel said...

The medication could affect her also, but I'm sure it's mostly the MS. Have you ever read up on MS? It affects different people in different ways, but it short circuits everything. My Mama would get physically wore out from trying to mentally do something, like the checkbook or making a schedule. She always says things like, "Go throw this sweater in the freezer", etc. And you're right Kasey, it doesn't affect things like intelligence, just how you process things. Your mind can get fuzzy and hard to put together your thoughts.

I REALLY REALLY sympathize with you right now, you have no idea. My Mom has had it since I was 2, but was diagnosed in '90 when I was 8. It's hard when you want to protect her, but at the same time be sensitive to the struggle she's going through watching her life and freedom and mobility (things we all take for granted until we're in their shoes), fade away. Once it's gone, it's gone, and I'm sure it's hard for her to let it go without a fight.

I'm praying for all of you. Sis. Judy is a sweetheart and I always enjoy visiting with her. Is it just me or does she seem more cheerful lately?

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» » »