Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Nut Case

Ever feel like one?

I read Erika's blog, and she got me thinking. Great minds think a like....*grins*

I was not really emotional UNTIL I got married. Now, I hadn't thought about it before, but I moved from my parents house where I had lived my whole life (never moved, not even once) directly to my husbands home 2000 miles away. I guess it had an affect on me. One minutes I was fine, the next minute I was bawling my head off in the shower.

Damon and I had a dream courtship, met and dated for four months then engaged, and were married 6 months later. Hardly ever, maybe once did we bicker that whole time. Dream dream dream time in my life.

VERY rarely have we fought fought, (no fists people) maybe 3 times in our whole marriage (goin on two years) have we been REALLY upset. The other times were just like erika said, bickering. I think I may be to needy? I am an only child, and I pretty much raised myself because dad worked and was gone for two and three days at a time, mom was working too. From 5 and up I was home a lone. Never had kids on the block to play with till I was 12 years old. (although our block was kinda weird, cus each house had a few acres to it, so we were spaced out) So needless to say I grew up HATING to be alone. I hate it to this day, I don't like being a lone. People who say they need their space...thats NOT me. Combine that, with moving across country from your family and all you have ever known. I think it makes me over emotional, who knows, maybe its an excuse. I do not trust people easily, because I try to hard to please someone and something happens where I get hurt. So most times I just joke around with many and trust few. I don't want to talk to just any one at church, because tho Damon has known them for a long time and can just trust them, I have basically just met them and it seems like whoever it may be I am talking to thinks its about me missing home and that is NOT the case. So basically I rely upon my husband for emotional support, and being my friend, my buddy, my everything. Maybe that is where I am wrong, and I need to cleave to God like that. Who knows anymore...I feel so messed up...

I love Damon with more than I can even understand or describe, and he loves me. I love him and could not live without him unless God saw fit for that to happen, God forbid. Maybe I am the problem, does anyone have any advice for feelings so alone, and so far away.

2 comments:

Erika J. said...

You and Damon are ONE. There is nothing wrong with being needy and wanting to rely on him for EVERYTHING. That is what he is there for. He's your companion. There till death. If you can't rely him, then who else on this earth do you have? I know how hard it is being away from home and everything you've known. I know how it is to be lonely for them. It does play a part in your relationship because it effects you emotionally. Just don't worry yourself too death. It will be okay.

Kasey said...

*shakes head in Yes motion hoping Erika is right*