Friday, December 02, 2005

Basket Blunders/woes

I dont know how I manage to do this...but once again I have spent way to much money on something.
For those non antioch peoples out there, let me explain. This Sunday night, December 4th, we are having our VLB Service then afterwards we are having a gift basket auction. The auction is in hopes of raising money to fund the VLB Retreat taking place this New Years Weekend, as it will be free to all those who are coming.
Anyhoo, all those who could, were instructed to put a gift basket together and bring it to be auctioned. Well my theme is "Christmas Morning" and I got a bunch of stuff that has to do with what you do or goes on during Christmas morning. However, when I got to the cash register last night...CHA CHING....**praying it wouldn't be over a certain amount** which it wasn't but....still I spent way to much. I hope people are feeling generous when they buy it. The thing is...out of all the things I had written down, it's almost like the basket looks kinda empty or something :-/ I hope someone likes it, I tried to keep it simple but classy.

Next subject....I want to go to the Nashville Gas light parade tonight...downtown Nashville. I am trying to talk Damon into taking me, we will see what happens. I would go with a friend, but all either have kids and can't get away or are working, which leaves me empty friended.

Lastly... Pray for Damon's Papaw Woody. He has a blood clot in his leg near his ankle. Mercy...all he thinks it is, is a "bum ankle" he wont keep it elevated. He's being stubborn. I love papaw, I just wish he would listen when we try to help him, he's so sweet. Most importantly, he needs to be saved. PLEASE pray that he will get saved, and that God will spare him until he comes to that point.

Love yall and toodles...any comments are appreciated, makes me feel like someones reading :p hehe (if that wasn't a plea for attention, I don't know what is )

5 comments:

Kasey said...

the parade is tonight... we will see. Damon asked me wouldn't I rather watch it on TV at home where its warm....I said no :)

wemmies said...

What time is the parade and where at downtown?

Fill your basket gaps up with tinsel or something... *shrugs*
I ALWAYS spend too much money on "KIM PLANS". The VLB's would have more money if I just gave money instead of something to sell. Antioch has tight wads. You should put a price on your basket. I am baking so mine will be cheap for me.

Maw Maw made like 15 baskets of JUNK. *embarassing* She said she got it for OUR baskets. HA! I will make sure Kim knows Maw Maw did it. GAG. She got dollar store junk. *sigh* Old Ladies. sheesh.

Kasey said...

The parade starts at 7:00 the news said to get there around 6:00 to get a good seat I think. If you want to come call me...I would give you my # on here, but there are a bunch of weirdos in the world. I say that as nicely as possible. Anyhoo...What I did instead of using a bunch of paper to secure the stuff, I bought a holiday fleece blanket and used it instead of velvet to line the basket, that way whoever bought it, could get a blanket out of the deal. Good idea? Made homemade hot chocolate mix for it.

Kasey said...

guess I will go to parade alone.

Kasey said...

I told Damon I would drop the parade if he would take me to Christian book store. Well it was in downtown and of course because of parade all the roads were closed. So, we had to walk a long long ways. Well then we go there and they announced they would be closing in five minutes due to the parade! GRRR...so it turned out good, cus I ended up getting my soundtrack AND watching the parade. We walked the whole parade twice, and then halfed it about 3 times and to and from the truck. Ended up being probably 2 miles. I hurt my foot tho. :(