Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Today

I would ask that whoever reads this, would pray for me, as I have a job interview today. I would really like to get this job, I think. The Lord is the only one who sees the future, but from what I know it would be good, no great. I would work at the same place as momma, just in a different department and possibly making more money...shhh don't tell her. hehe.

I got a puppy too. I know, you are all probably thinking, just what you need...another animal. But I wanted a big dog for protection in this house, and one I could take walking or jogging, and would kind of add protection there too. I am paranoid about such things. My mom and dad's neighbors dog had a litter of puppies on December 8th and there were 11 born. They had two left, one their grand daughter had claimed, and then Abby. They had named her skeeter, but I think she looks like an Abby. Which happens to be their grand daughters name, they thought she would like knowing the puppy had the same name as her. So Abby is almost 4 months old, bigger than when you normally get a puppy, and weighs about 25 pounds already. She is a Queensland Heeler mix. They don't know who the father of the puppies was, but she looks like she also might have some bird dog in her. She is all black with patches of the grey speckles like her momma has. She is a super sweet girl, but a biiiiig wimp. Hopefully as she gets older, she will want to protect me. I had to bribe her with canadian bacon to even get her to come to me at first, she was so scared. I feel sorry for her, I took her away from her momma at 4 months old, and put a leash on her, well she had never had that on her and tooook off running (while still at the place I got her from, inside a fence, thank the Lord) and the leash was chasing her and she started yelping. The poor girl. I felt so bad. So I didn't start her and I off on the right foot. Now, she is settling in, she has a big crate my mom brought over, with a blanket in it, to sleep in. She mainly wants to be wherever I am. So I have sheets on my couch, and floor, and everywhere so she doesn't get things dirty. She doesn't really shed, which is a blessing. I have tried to pull hair off of her (without pulling to hard obviously) and it won't come out, so that is great! Her and Honey were playing yesterday too, so I am glad they are already starting to get along. I know it may sound weird, but I almost feel this dog has a bigger purpose. As I was talking to the lady I got her from yesterday, I learned some things, that I think having Abby might open a door of ministry. Hoping and praying anyway.

I started my diet yesterday, and even exercised, the half marathon I want to do is in October, that gives me 6 months to get ready. So I need to start now. I need to get abby trained on a leash and color so she can go with me. I thought about making a saddle to strap on her, so honey could ride along without getting to tired. :)

Just pray, Lord willing I get this job. I need one soon.

1 comments:

cokelady said...

Pictures--we need pictures of the new pooch, especially if Honey is riding her! ;-) I'm happy for you. Dogs are a special gift from God. :-)

I'll say a prayer for the job interview!