Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary

To My Husband In Heaven:

I love you Damon Broyles. I love you with all of my heart and soul. This day four years ago, was the day I gave my heart and life to you, and I am so thankful the Lord saw fit to bring us together for our time. I am reminded of Ecclesiastes 3.

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
There was and continues to be a purpose for our "season" and our "time". The Lord taught me so much through you. Your demeanor, your love, your work ethic, your kindness, your longsuffering, your character, the way you loved unconditionally, and deeply. I look up to you, the example you left, as your sister in Christ, and as the woman who loves and was PRIVILEDGED to be YOUR wife. I can't even begin to thank the Lord enough that He saw fit to give me YOU. Damon, I am so so blessed. And, until time is no more, I will be so in love with you. I love you babe.

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
It was your time to go, I have peace in that. I prayed for you to be okay, I prayed so hard, but it wasn't my choice, nor yours. God's time for you and His will for you on this earth, were finished. I am so happy, that you have made your goal. Though it breaks my heart, I know you received your hard fought for reward.

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
I have been broke down, I have felt like my heart was ripping out of my chest with pain, but now by our God's great grace and mercy, I am in my time to heal, and my time to build back up. If I had my choice, you know, it would be to have you here, to continue as your help meet, your wife. I would chooose that path in less than a heartbeat. But, I have tried to live in this new life, as you would have me to. I have tried to manage things as you would, treat others as you would, live like you would want me to. I still hurt, I ache for you, for all that you encompassed, but I am trying to be all I can for the Lord and to honor your memory.

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
I have wept, I have laughed, I have mourned, I have danced...all of those things. How true the scriptures become when you live them. Of course they are always true, but when you live them, they take on a whole new meaning. In the midst of all these experiences, I still think of you. Your smile, your eyes, the way you loved me. I miss you.

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
March 20, 2004, our time to embrace, as husband and wife. To begin our life together. What a beautiful wonderful adventure. A true blessing. March 20, 2008 it is my time to refrain from your embrace. I have chosen to find beauty even in this time. It is not what I imagined for our life. I could have had 100 more years with you and it wouldn't have been enough. I wish I would have cherished things more, life is so short, and so precious. I am so glad, I know what the time to embrace felt like. I am truly grateful and my life is enriched by knowing what true love is.

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
As this day represents something so wonderful for our lives, our anniversary, the day we became one, right now it is my time to continue living without you, as the Lord would have me to. I have to cast away for now, but I look forward to heaven when I will get to see you again. I miss you, there is no denying, this day will bring many memories, it will bring happiness, it will bring hurt, but there remains one constant. You are with the Savior you served for so long, and HE is with me, so I am truly still with you, in my heart and in my soul. I love you Damon Broyles, so much.

To my Groom, may you have a wonderful anniversary in heaven. I miss you, I love you, I am always, yours.

Love,
Your Bride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. I miss him too honey, his sense of humor, his understanding of the Lord, our discussions about the Lord, his deep committment to the Lord and to you. His love for his family. The depth at which he embraced whatever was on his path of life, each day, he gave 100%, each and every day, he loved as Jesus loved, he saw everyone and every situation through Jesus eyes. I am thankful for the time I had with him....Happy Anniversary in Heaven Damon Broyles, you are still greatly loved and greatly missed.

Tammy Washburn said...

This is beautiful Kasey.

Pam said...

I agree with Tammy that this is beautiful.

emily said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you ^^