Thursday, March 27, 2008

aww

Abby got her first bath yesterday. My friend Sylvia and I went walking/jogging yesterday at Wilson Ponds. It is a mile around, and goes through different pond areas, and a creek, that you can fish out of. As you can imagine the ponds are not like "oooh aint that a cute little pond" in your front yard ponds, they are huuuuuuge ponds. Well, we went two times around, and it was really good, only 11 more to get me ready for my half marathon in October. Anyway, we took my parents black lab also, appropriately named "Blackie" and Honey. After Blackie gets hot enough, she likes to go down into the ponds. At first Abby didn't know what to think, but after awhile she decided to follow Blackie in. After she dried, she smelled soooo bad. So last night, I gave her, her very first bath! She was so cute, she laid down in the tub and let me wash her, then started drinking the tub water. That's gross, but otherwise cuuute. I am so proud of her. She got her first shots yesterday from the vet, and she didn't yelp or anything. She is doing REALLY well with her potty training. Not a single accident in the house yet, PRAISE THE LORD!! She sleeps by my bed at night, on her blanket on the floor. Slowly she is getting more sure of herself, and her surroundings. Honey is doing great with her too, I tell honey she is still my FIRST princess. We have to work on the protection part though, because as we were at the ponds yesterday, nearly everytime a person walked past us, she wanted to be their friend. I looked up some information on the Queensland Heeler breed, and it says they are very protective with their owners. So maybe as she gets older, that will develop. She is mixed with German Shorthair we think, and i havent looked anything up on them yet. Well, have a good day!

0 comments: