Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's so late, it's early.

I need prayer to go to sleep earlier. This house is big, bigger than the other one. I guess I try to stay up late to avoid laying in bed and thinking.

I did well in the interview and testing, and the jobs sound nearly perfect. But I have yet to hear back from the agency on either of them. She told me to call tomorrow. The girl that interviewed me is a severe asthmatic, we got into some great conversation, she told me I had made a difference in her way of thinking. She also shared something very comforting, that only another asthmatic could know.

My parents came over for dinner tonight (though its the morning now), so I should say yesterday. I had fun making dinner, but I don't know what it's called. It is my own recipe I guess. :) I put some butter and olive oil into a pan (I learned olive oil raises the smoking/burning point of butter) then added the chicken only searing the outside. I then removed the chicken and cut it into vertical slices. To the remaining drippings in the pan I added bacon, as well as a shallot. After that, I added heavy cream, milk, chicken broth, crumbled parmasan, and thyme to the pan. I put the chicken back into this mixture to finish cooking. I mixed up a batch of jiffy cornbread. After the cornbread had finished baking, I cut it into squares and plated the cornbread. I then topped it with the chicken and cream sauce. We also had salad, to which I added chopped tomato, cilantro, and made a homemade dressing with olive oil, vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper. I topped the salad with freshly grated parmasan. YUM. I had baked beans as a side to my cornbread and chicken. For dessert we had pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting. Doesn't that sound good? YUM-O.

That's it. Night.

4 comments:

Bekka said...

Wow that sounds awesome...I am very much impressed, see I need to cook more so that I can think of awesome junk like that.

bj said...

Wow!! I am soooo hungry now! lol That sounds awsome!! hope u had fun!! ttyl!

Sara said...

you made my stomach start growling! that dinner sounds oh so yummy!

Valerie said...

That sounds so good! You might need to think about making a cook book with all your recipes so others can try them.hehe!

Yeah an online recipe book by you,so others can just go online pick a quick fix for dinner or pick an awesome dessert.It all sounds good!