Saturday, March 28, 2009

What A Day

I got a nice nap today, and accomplished some yard work to boot. Dad and mom came over and helped load the big pile of branches and bushes that I had pruned. Now I just need to get the yard aerated (sp??), reseeded, fertilized, finish getting my landscaping rock put down and the black edging stuff in. It is starting to shape up. I don't know if I will atempt a garden again this year. It's kind of pointless when my dad does a huge garden every year and I can get pretty much anything I want from his garden. We end up giving away so much because its in abundance. Its a blessing to be around that. I know Damon really liked home grown tomatoes, and cucumbers. We never did so well with either, but we did manage to get a few here and there. Ha, I say we, but I mainly just helped him do whatever needed. He was the main gardener, and a cute one at that. ;)

Not much else to report. I have a uber busy day tomorrow. I need to get the house cleaned, and will probably do that maybe monday night. We shall see. I want to get my yard mowed for the first time this season also, that may happen on Monday night instead. Work is going good, although Friday was sorta slow. I have found how attached I am to the different participants. When they aren't around, and the office is quiet, I feel lonely. I really enjoy seeing there sun-shiney faces each day. :)

Oh, and Melissa...guess who found Banana milk today! :) It was good too. :) speaking of milk, here is one for you. My friend at work is from Kansas, and there they have a very unique flavor of milk. Root Beer Milk. Sounds gross right? She says its good though, tastes like a root beer float. Ha!

Night yall.

2 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

Did it take awhile before you found banana milk? I'm so happy you were able to enjoy it! Yaye for you.

(and yes, rootbeer milk sounds ghastly)

Valerie said...

oh, I love home grown cucumbers! They are the best. I would like to plant some and try to grow my own, but I can't keep plants and things alive.

Banana Milk? Never heard of it. Root Beer Milk either. The banana milk sounds kinda good bout eight now though..lol