Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My First Lunch and Dinner

I got invited to lunch today. Ha! I almost feel like I am in school again saying this, you know how when you are new and you get invited to places its like you really begin to fit in?? I feel like I am beginning to be one of the "crew". Then, I got invited to a surprise party dinner for one of the employees, so I went to that too. It's nice getting to know all of them. One of the girls...I know her husband from my last job I that I got laid off from. He worked at the same company, super nice guy. Anyway, he got laid off too, I found out. I keep in contact with one of the girls who still works there at my old place and she texted me asking me where I got my job, and when I told her, she texted back saying this guys wife worked there too. SMALL world. So I already feel like I sort of know her. Then there is this really sweet sweet girl who moved here from kansas.I SO want to get to know her and be her friend. She is a Christian too, although she does some things I don't agree with, it takes me back to who I was before the Lord brought me to The Church. So I am praying that I can be to her and anyone else, what someone once was for me. She has such a sweet and gentle way about her.

I rode my bike tonight, YAY! Thank the Lord! I probably rode about two miles, maybe less or more. Not sure. I rode from my house to my mom n dads.

Okay, night yall. :)

1 comments:

marshasblog said...

So glad your fitting in to your new job and with other employees. I know how nerve wrecking it is your first few weeks of a new job...