Saturday, March 14, 2009

Please

Pray for my friend Amanda. I believe I mentioned her on an earlier blog, if I didn't, I will now. She lost her mother last week to cancer, and she just messaged me this evening saying her brother was killed in a car wreck today. Losing Damon, I understand the different thoughts that can go through a persons mind. What have I done to cause this, so on and so forth. But those aren't healthy, and not true. She is sort of feeling this way. If something happens, tragic or good, we have to praise the Lord and have faith He sees the end from the beginning. Sometimes it takes us awhile to get that and really rest in it, but we get there by HIS grace none the less (if we are seeking Him in our trials). I am asking you to pray for Gods comfort to wrap around my friends heart. She lives back in TN, I used to work with her, so I cannot be there...but I can pray, and would love it if you all would too. Thanks.

3 comments:

emily said...

We prayed for her in Sunday School this morning. And for you, that the Lord would help you minister to her as her friend.

Netty said...

Kasey does she have a pastor? Would she be receptive to a visit or a phone call?

cokelady said...

~gasp~ I can't imagine facing two such tragedies back to back. I will pray for her!!!