Saturday, March 21, 2009

Long Day

I meant to get on here earlier, I just got home about twenty minutes ago, so here I am.

Today (now officially yesterday) was my five year anniversary. I guess the main thought I had was "wow, a lot has changed in five years". I never thought this would be my life, but God hasn't let me down once. He has continued to take care of me, and keep me, I am so so so thankful for my God. I miss Damon, I wish with all my heart he was here. I still trust that God sees the end from the beginning and still trust that He called Damon home for a reason beyond what I can see with human eyes. God is still good, in sunshine or rain, HE IS GOD.

I went to a concert tonight. It was great, my seats were great, and my hearing...well right now it is healing up I think. I shoulda took ear plugs. Part of me thinks, oh that takes the fun out of it, but shew...damaging your hearing from sitting in the second row (yes, you heard right, SECOND row ON THE FLOOR) isn't worth it. It was the rock and worship road show. The bands playing: Addison road, Tenth Avenue North, Hawk Nelson, Jeremy Camp, and Mercy Me. I enjoyed Addison Road, she's got a great voice, not just a studio voice. They entertained well. I enjoyed Tenth Avenue North a lot as well, really good entertainers, and some good messages. Hawk Nelson was very entertaining. Jeremy Camp was MY FAVORITE. He had his Bible on stage with him, prayed BETWEEN songs, and opened his set in prayer. He had the best ending of ALL the bands. Mercy Me, the lead singer has pipes yo. He has a clear and pure, beautiful voice. They ended really strong, he really talked to the crowd like Jeremy Camp did, and gave some good thoughts. Winner for tonight though, based on how my soul was touched, hands down, Jeremy Camp. It was only ten bucks, so that was neat. I got to go with some good friends, so it was lots of fun.

Speaking of friends, a friend of mine is in need of a touch from the Lord for both body and soul. I would really appreciate the prayers.

I guess I should go to bed, been a long day. Work was good. Momma and Daddy sent me flowers, all the bosses were gone at the NCAA tournies here in town, so it was super quiet. I am really enjoying learning all the participants names. There are some seriously cute children that come in there. God is so good. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Grace & Co said...

I'm glad all is going well for you..

What a great concert! I'm glad you had such a good time.

Jessa Stephens said...

WOW!! ONLY TEN BUCKS!!! Very VERY cool!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto - only ten dollars for such good music - LIVE!!!! *sigh* Wish I could have been there! Anyhoo - understand how anniversaries can be. But by the time you get this comment, you will have survived. The Lord is faithful, isn't He? :o)