Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ugh!!!! (in a good way)

I LOVE my church family here in TN. For the most part I didn't know what tonight would be. Based on question I was asked, and secret conversation I thought something MIGHT happen. I got a going away service tonight at church. I cried, I laughed, I sang. I am not bragging on these people in a boastful way, I just feel so loved and I am excited to share what happened. Morgan sang, shew...that girl, Katie, man her heart is so encouraging, Tam sang, JOSH YOHE SANG....that boy, he is soooo sweet, Chandler Fox came up and said a little speech for me, (10 years cha! HA!) Rachel and sweet Sara, I am going to miss everyone, but that little girl...my heart. My nephew Michael, my goodness, i love that boy. Andy Stephens even came up! Emily, my dearest friend, had the best "blessing" speech of the night. She knows me, probably the best of anyone (cept for Jesus and Damon), and I am going to miss her. I got to sing with her last night, and it went so well. I sang amazing grace last night for Brother Hall, and I want this to come out the right way, but as I stood up there singing, thinknig about the Lord, and the fact I am leaving...It was "a moment". A moment I will remember, for the rest of my life, that was my night. It may sound weird to people, but the Lord blessed me with that moment, and I am thankful. It is weird to have all the attention on you, to hear what others think of you. As loud and in your face as I am, when the attention is really on you, its kind of a weird feeling. I found myself fidgeting a lot. I could burst tonight, with love, admiration, thankfulness. I am sad to go. It is such a bittersweet thing. I am ready to be with my family, to have my new house, it is all so exciting. Yet, so daunting. i am leaving Damon, our memories, my friends, my church family. It is so surreal to be leaving in less than two weeks. I don't know what to feel. I will miss them more than they know, more than they will ever know. I love them with all my heart.

4 comments:

emily said...

I'm hurt.

Kasey said...

I sorry :( you had the best blessing of the evening, i changed some stuff. :(

Anonymous said...

I love ya Kase.

Hey, let me know about next week! =)

Katie said...

I love you Kasey,

And i'm gonna miss you SO UNBELIEVABLY MUCH!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE LEAVING!! :'(

So sad, but happy for you to be moving back with your family.

Just remember, You'll be missed SO MUCH by your Church Family!

Love ya!