Saturday, February 23, 2008

No slow downs...

A fellow friend and recent mover, summed it up this week...Moving is not for sissies. We got in Tuesday night around 7pm and parked everything, then em and I slept on my super cute red couch cushions. I visited my grandma that night around 10pm, she was very good and I was able to speak with her clearly. The next morning I got up and took Em to the airport, then my dad, my grandpa, mom's neighbors sons, Nick and Ryan, came over and helped me unload the truck. We put my big furniture in the house, then dispersed boxes between the kitchen, the garage, and the bedrooms. Everyone left around noon, I then unpacked some more boxes and called pizza hut. I hadn't gotten any groceries yet, so pizza it was. I unpacked about 20-30 boxes, got cable, phone, and internet hooked up, then took the penske truck back. Around 6:30 Wednesday night I went to nursing home to be with my grandmother. Most of the family was there, and that is where I spent the night, coming home to let honey out and take a shower. I got to see my cousin Troy which I haven't seen in so long. When he walked in I just hugged him and hugged him. I haven't gotten a hug like that in a long time, it felt so good to be surrounded by my family, especially the ones I haven't seen in so long. I cried and he let me cry. It was releasing, freeing. At the nursing home Thursday, and believe it or not, though it was a horrible reason to be there (as I wish my Deendee was perfectly healthy) thoroughly enjoyed my family and spending time with my cousins. We stayed there all day, again only leaving to eat and shower. Around 11:00 that night, I was in the room alone, and got to sing to her and talk to her. She passed away around 12:30 Friday morning. We all went home, and got to bed around 2-3ish am. Got up the next day and the family got together for funeral arrangements. Pray for our family, my grandmothers service is Tuesday at 11. Yesterday and Today have been spent taking care of family things, then I went to walmart and got some house stuff and groceries. FINALLY! I get to have a curved shower rod. WOOHOOO, cus my bath in the master is rounded. Isn't that neat! Today I am going to be unpacking and decorating some more. I have greaaaat motivation, as the family is meeting at my house Monday night to get together and share memories with the person officiating her service. I don't really know how to arrange or decorate, so my friend Sybil is coming over tomorrow between services to help. I am thankful to the Lord that I got to see my grandmother, and re bond with my family again. I am thankful that in the midst of all the chaos, and not really being able to unpack much, that He has blessed me with a house. My blessings are daily, and He is gracious. May God put a smile on your face today, and more importantly, may you put one on His.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Even though I am very sad that you are not "here" any more and even though your grandmother has passed, when I read this I can feel the happiness in you being with your family and being back home. What I desire for you most of all and I know it is your desire too is GOD'S PERFECT WILL!!! Keep your eyes on Him Kasey and you'll NEVER go wrong

love ya!

Valerie said...

I can read your happiness also,I am glad things are coming together for you.I know it has to be a good feeling being with family again.I would be all beside myself if it were me.

Lynn said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time with your grandma before she passed. I'l be praying for you and your family this week. Love and Miss you!!!