Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dishwasherness

So...before I got married, I despised the dishwasher. When I got married, the dishwasher got a twin. The first dishwasher was an actual electrical mechanism in which streams of water blasted the food molecules to smitherines. The second dishwasher I refer to, post wedding day, were my hands. I no longer had the electronic mechanism which I whined about unloading, so much whining. Well...now, I have a electrical mechanism again, and for the first time since my introduction to this house, is has been used this very night. Welcome dishwasher, we shall name you, Gertrude.

Today, was suprisingly lonely. A very down day. I thought of Damon much, missed emily, etc.. I think of Damon daily, but there are days where the thinking of him and missing him, hits a different kind of mark. The kind of day where the ache that I experienced right after he passed, returns in a somewhat lesser form. I don't know why I feel the need to explain my feelings about my husband and how much I miss him, etc.. Regardless of what anyone thinks, I love/loved the man with all of my heart and soul, and miss him and think of him daily. Why do I worry about what people think, that they might think I am over him and don't miss him. That couldn't be farther from the truth. There are just some days, like I have said...the pain is worse. Today was such a day. I miss you babe. I miss him. Man, I miss him.

I got a new rug today. A floor rug that had been a store sample or something, like the ones they hang up for people to see I think. Well it is 100% wool. Its super thick and plush and NIIICe. My momma got it at the goodwill for $39 bucks. Can you believe that??? It hasn't even been walked on!! (atleast that is what she is under the impression of, and it looks brand spankin new!) She got my coffee table at the used furniture store, and it is soooo cute. $24.99. My house feels decorated yall. Like, decorated!! My coffee table is soooo cute, and me. It's all wood, and round and just cute. actually oval, but it's "classic american" style, I think. That is what I was told anyway. I don't really know. It is funny. My living room has wrought iron, chrome, asian theme, early american, heavy wood pieces...its very eclectic, but I think it works. I am so blessed. Blessing for the day, getting super cute things for cheap-ola!!

Tonight, I made dinner for my momma. Pancakes. :) I know, not the typical, but they have been sounding good for a long time. And, I can't tell you the last time I had pancakes before tonight.

Funny thing for the night: bringing my mommas black lab over to "spend the night" with her "cousin" Honey, and seeing Tigger and Junior fluff their tails up huuuuge!

Please pray for me to find a job soon. PLEASE!

7 comments:

Tam said...

have you found that chord yet? I want to see pictures...hurry!
love & miss ya

Caet said...

lol I want to see the cats do that!
I can-not stand dish washers, I hate them!

Valerie said...

I have never used a dish washer until we moved here.I washed all the dishes by hand,and I got to know the dish washer here and I love it!

I bet your house looks cute!
Hopefully you will find a job soon!

Valerie said...

Oh yeah,about the rug...I would say you got a deal cause we have been looking and pricing them at Lowes,they are expensive.Good Deal!

Anonymous said...

Hey sister Kasey!!! It's BJ!! I hope ur doin good!!! luv ya a whole bunch!!!!! later!

emily said...

Girl....if you don't start posting some pictures. Go to walmart- get a disc.

I miss you too, by the way.

Bekka said...

Hey sounds pretty cool, the furniture and whatnot, and you know I actually like dishwashers, didnt have one for forever...lol. Well hope it all goes well for ya. :)