Monday, February 11, 2008

Check!

Garage...CHECK! You heard right folk, the garage is PACKED, and done!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Can ya tell I am excited? Now...my house looks like a "pig pen". Man, tis messy. My goal for tonight is to fill most of the holes in the walls with putty and touch up with paint. Speaking of paint, if you need to paint, support your local ICI store or Sherwin Williams. I knew the paint color name for our living room and kitchen, "church street". I could not find any left over in the places Damon kept paint. I didn't think it was Sherwin Williams because he only started to use them regularly about a year and a half ago. But, I knew they could mix colors to another paint companys color. So I went to sherwin williams first, the guy told me they didn't have record of him buying that paint at all, and it wasn't a sherwin williams color. He looked it up and said it was a ICI color. He told me the cross sections of where to find the closest ICI store...which would be downtown nashville. UGH...I prayed for the Lord to help me find it. Sho nuff' I found it. Thank the Lord! I went into the ICI store and the guy remembered Damon and mixed it up for me. He asked me how much I wanted, I told him just a quart because it was only for touch ups. He then said the smallest it came in was gallons. I said that was fine, just give me the normal price (he offered to give me a good price) because I am not a contractor. The other guy came around and said, we are going to take care of it for you. I asked him if he was sure? He said yes, and gave me the gallon of paint for FREE. To top that off, I needed to sanding sponges to do some work on the trim, and I was fully prepared to atleast pay for those, he told me he would take care of those too. HOW SWEET! Thank you ICI! So today after finishing the garage, I have started to fill the holes in the wall from all the pictures I had hung. I will sand it down and hopefully paint tonight. The plan for tomorrow is get EVERYTHING finished packing (not to much to go) and out to the garage in a nice neat stack. Then get the house as clean as possible. Momma comes in Wednesday. I want to deep clean everything Tuesday night and wednesday. Then thursday I will pick up the penske truck and we will load everything HOPEFULLY all on Thursday. Friday I am hoping to take it easy and relax. Then Saturday the driving crew arrives. We head out EARLY sunday morning and are aiming for Nebraska by the first night (thats a 16 hour drive).

Please pray, I have a possible job interview the friday after I get into Idaho.

1 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

wishing you the best m'dear. it's a long haul and journey to be sure.
i pray the roads will show you safely home despite crazy weather trends as of late.

i'll want your new address.