Friday, February 22, 2008

February 22, 2008

My Grandmother entered eternity, peacefully today, February 22nd around 12:30AM.

She was an amazing woman. She tought me my love of cooking, she made my youth memorable and awesome. She loved us and cared for us like you hope grandmothers will. She loved my grandpa with all of her heart, and he loved her back. She made amazing pancakes, tacos, and sandwiches. Not to mention butterscotch pie, thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Her home was a place of refuge. The memory of her brings comfort and sense of home, of belonging.

I was able to get in to see her Tuesday night around 10PM. She was pretty clear in her state of mind. She told us, that since we had made it back safely, that now she could stop worrying. She told me she would come see my house and she would get better. I told her I would pray that Jesus was right next to her bed, she said He is. Wednesday night I got there again around 6:30PM and she was in and out of being alert. The whole family (for the most part) was there and stayed the night. Sleeping in chairs, on beds in other rooms. We stayed all of yesterday, only leaving to showers or change clothes, or get food. Last night, I had a moment alone with her in the room. I told her I loved her, thanked her for different things she had done in my life, whether it be actual things, or teaching me things, or how she loved Damon. I told her we would be okay, to go if she was ready, that we would hurt but would be okay. Then I sang to her. Precious memories...though I could not remember the words much, so I made up my own version. I sang amazing grace too. It was around 11:30 when I laid down. My uncles woke me up around 12:30 and said, tell Deendee goodbye. She was gone.

I love her, and I will miss her, and last night my heart was broken. Pray for our family. Love you all. sorry i havent been updating much, been kinda busy around here.

10 comments:

Valerie said...

Sorry for your lose,I think it is sweet how you got to spend time with your grandmother before she passed away.We never got to do that with our grandmother.Getting to tell her you loved her and thanking her for everything that is good you got to do that.

Kinda like she was waiting for you to come home first before she passed.

Vic said...

Kasey I am so sorry for this great loss in your life...Grandmothers like yours are heaven sent...Just know that your family is in my prayers...Please send love to your Mom and Dad and I wrote on your Mom's blog too...

Vicky

Anonymous said...

Even in sadness, God answered prayers....

I'm glad you were able to be with her.

wemmies said...

I am soooooooooo glad you were there. We are praying for you and your family.

Tam said...

I've been praying off and on today Kasey..I love you!

Amanda Bull said...

I am sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

Caet said...

I'm sorry about your Grandmother.

Sara said...

I'm praying. Love ya girl!

Pam said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, but she is rejoicing around the throne. We will be praying for you.

Bekka said...

Wow. That stinks, I'm sorry.