Wednesday, May 24, 2006

An Itch

I am getting an itch to can. I want to do canning!
NEED PRESSURE COOKER!
I want to can anything can-able.
Any experienced canners out there, advice appreciated!

Made homemade lasagna last night, was okay, not overly flavorful. Still working on it though.

Want to get a sewing machine. Want to sew stuff...maybe make a quilt. Man would that make my grandma happy!

Planning bridal shower...its coming together MT!

I was going to say something else, seems to have left my brain though. Go figure.

Tonight is gleaners, and I am designated helper tonight! No craft, no lesson! yay! Not that I don't like to do those things, just take some amount of pressure off!

Damon has Winston today, my poor baby!

We leave for Idaho in *pause for calendar count* 22 days! Yee haw!

I got the opportunity to talk (via MSN) to one of my former class mates yesterday, so Matt shout out to ya if you are reading. He works with my mom now. Interesting to find out how others I went to school with (basically from Kindergarten) have changed and where they are at in their lives right now. Man, this makes me feel old.

Well, church tonight, work tomorrow. BYE!

6 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

YEA!!!!

Unknown said...

I love your background girl!!! Love it, love it!! Bland lasagne huh. I had that trouble too. Try putting your sauce in a crock pot on low with lots of garlic, oragano, little basil, and some parsley in the morning before you go to work. That fixed mine. I want to can too! I don't know how, but I'd like to be able to put up some of the apples from out trees. Let me know what you hear!

Juls4Him said...

Sister Smith knows how to can. She was doing it when I was at her house one day. It was just before Grandma Babe passed away and she called her to ask her some canning questions so she has learned from the expert. Like Mandie says (when are you going to blog again Mandie....after the baby?? huh? huh? Miss your blog!)the crockpot is the key to lasagna. I use a crockpot recipe that is wonderful. So are you leaving on June 15th? We leave the 12th but I'll get to see Sister Tammi the 14th or 15th. So glad you're gonna get to go home. When is Mandie's baby due again? I remember it wasn't on my birthday (13th) but maybe she'll be early. It's great to be a "Church of God baby" ha! Is that enough rambling in the comment section?

Kasey said...

Mandie...just an FYI, I tried to reply to your comment on here Two times (on third now) so if this doesn't work I GIVE UP! Lol. I am gonna have to find a crockpot sauce or lasagna recipe! Thanks for the compliment on my back ground. Oh yeah, email me with your phone #, I will call you sometime!

Sis Julie...I don't really know the particulars about the baby. Gracie would be the better one to ask!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»