Thursday, December 06, 2007

Prayer

Has anyone been reading/watching the news yesterday and today? That young man who killed 8 people in a Omaha mall, then killed himself...that is so sad. I was reading the comments of the woman who he lived with and it is just so sad. She and her husband had taken him in after he had been kicked out of his home. He of course had gotten into some trouble, and what gets me is she said it was like he was a lost pound puppy who nobody wanted. In his suicide note it said something to the effect that he would not be a burden on his family anymore. Where are we as a society that we can make someone feel like they are a burden to us, especially family. I know that this world isn't going to get better. In fact- if possible, it will get worse, but that is still sad. That a young man was so saddened by his life he would actually TAKE it, and unless God made a way at the end, is now in eternal torment. Oh GOD HELP ME to witness and reach out when you want me to.

I know that was a heavy start to this post, but it just affects my mind and saddens me for those people. I want to be able to reach out when the Lord directs me. He is the only help in a desperate situation.

Please pray for Bill, he really needs the Lord. God knows.

I am getting sick. It is so weird....I haven't had a runny nose, but felt something in my chest when I breathed. This morning I woke up worse...stuffed nose, plus the congestion. I don't have time to get sick.

I got my candle stuff yesterday, I am pretty excited! I hope it turns out well and hopefully I can post some pictures on here of them. I got two smaller sizes of jars, so we shall see how those turn out.

Lastly.... WALK THRU BETHLEHEM!!!!!
DECEMBER 16TH 5-7PM @THE CHURCH OF GOD IN ANTIOCH. COME ENJOY A TRIP BACK INTO THE TIMES OF JESUS' BIRTH!!! 6065 MT VIEW ROAD, ANTIOCH TN

3 comments:

Grace & Co said...

Oh man! I didn't hear anything about that. How horrible that he didn't even feel loved by his own family.

I hope you get to feeling better!!

P.S.
I love candles!! Lol!

Valerie said...

Yeah,I watched the news and it is sad about the mall shooting.

Everyone is getting a cold around here also.I guess it is the time of the year.I hope you get to feeling better though. :)

Erika J. said...

I heard about it yesterday and then watched the rerun of it on cnn last night. It's VERY sad. One of his friends said he didn't even seem like the type to do something like that. You just never know what people are thinking anymore.