Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hi

I hope everyone had a great day in the Lord yesterday, that you remembered the Reason for the Season, JESUS, and that you had a great time with family and friends. The Lord, yet again, provided for me. Yesterday was an okay Christmas. It wasn't the best, as Damon wasn't there, but it was okay. I kept thinking about Christmas in Heaven. I am sure Damon was having a better time than me.

I got to spend time with my grandma's, aunt's and uncles, cousins, and friends. I made a new friend at my grandma's retirement home. (although right now she is in the full care dept). His name is Harry. He is 97 years old...I feel sorry for him. He sits slumped over in a chair, all by himself. So I talked to him and found out he was by himself, that he had family all over the place, but none close enough to come share Christmas with him. He sits in his wheelchair with a teddy bear, so I gave him a beanie moose that he could have in his lap too. I even wrapped it, because I wanted him to have something to unwrap. It may sound silly, but you know the excitement of being a kid, and how gift bags just don't cut it, when it comes to excitement level. So I helped him unwrap it, you should have seen the smile on his face. I could so work at a place like that. Maybe I couldn't, I dont know. I could volunteer for sure. There are so many people in this world with no one. I told Harry that God loved him. If I don't get to see Harry again, I look forward to seeing him in Heaven someday, and pray that the Lord would be first and foremost in Harry's heart.

Good night everybody.

2 comments:

wemmies said...

LOL! That was a good story but I could hear the guy from It's a Wonderful Life saying Harry, Harry. LMBO!!

Bekka said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with your family. :)