Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Totally Bummed about Lucky

Okay here's the story...

I have been seeing this little dog for about 3-4 days running around the neighborhood. He looks like a Pomeranian except about 12 inches tall. Anyway, last night Damon and I were out walking and riding bikes, we were all the way down by the Junior High and we saw the dog again. This is a big area he's roaming. What caught my eye is he hold his leg up very close to his body. Well this morning I saw him again and I stopped and he actually came to me (I have called and called him before and he won't come), I got a good look at his leg...it appears broken, theres open skid and blood and flesh. I had honey in the car with me, and I didnt know if I picked him up if he would bite, though he seemed very nice, but I'm sure the leg hurt and sometimes they bight out of pain. So I went around to the other side of the car (while my car is in the middle of the road literally) to get the leash. I got the leash and he wouldn't let me catch him again. He ran off. At first he would let me get about five feet away from him, but that was it, he finally left though. He had a collar on, but no tags. I felt him and he didn't appear REALLY skinny, but he has lots of hair soo I don't know how well I could tell anyway. He needs a vet. I want to keep him but Damon says no. I called the vet it's about $33 for an examination and $50 for an x ray. And, whatever amount to set the leg depending on how bad it is. There is a lady I know who says her mom may want it, but only if its a girl. I was crying over this poor little dog. If people can't take care of animals why do they have them? How could you abuse them either? I don't get it. Anyway, my dilemma is: how to catch him, how to pay for the vet bill, what to do with him post vet visit, making damon let me keep him/finding a home for him.
I know its silly and that its a little animal, but it means a lot to me. Please pray that "Lucky" will let me catch him and that a way to pay for the vet will appear, that I can find a home for him or Damon will let me keep him. Or that God will send him to his owners and they will take him to a vet. Just that God will take care of it. I'm so bummed about this, please pray for the little dog. Please. :(

9 comments:

Kasey said...

Thanks...I need to believe for a miracle, cus I know God cares if I do, and Damon says we can't afford teh vet right now.

wemmies said...

If you get him and drop him at a vet they will treat him and try to adopt him out. You shouldn't have to pay anything... but don't call the pound. They will put him to sleep.

Kasey said...

I called my vet and they said they charge just as normal. Leaving it in Gods hands that when I get home the answer will be there.

The Middle J said...

I want a dog :( we cant have pets- if i was there I would take him - Im praying too

wemmies said...

They can't charge as normal. Tell them it is a wounded stray. Who are they gonna bill? If you drop him at their door they have to treat it. The most they could do is charge the person that would adopt it.

Kasey said...

i guess I could do that...he has a collar on though, so he's got to be someones...tho they don't deserve him if they know about his injury!

Jenna, how come you can't have pets?

Anonymous said...

hey hey girlie,
I hope everyting works out about the lil doggie and all... :( Here is my new "My Space" link .. LOL, I messed the other one up...
http://www.myspace.com/60756772
btw..this is Em from bama ;)

The Middle J said...

:( the church rents our house and the landlord wont let us have pets...Jessa tried to sneek in a a golden lab once but that only lasted a week and then dad put his foot down and made her give it away.

Kasey said...

awwwww :( sad

Hey em!