Monday, March 20, 2006

Sometimes I REALLY dislike Blogger! My Ice Cap Melted

Especially when it says I am posting on my blog but then puts the final post on the VLB blog! Grrrrrrrrr

Well....goodness gracious stinky balls of ruin my day fire. If you haven't guessed with that statement and my title, I am pretty much bummed. Antarctica lost. Guess who won...the one who said she would. Sis Kim. Lance did some pretty amazing stuff and they looked cool. I guess I can't help feeling bummed, after they announced the winner I actually went to my hubbys truck and cried. I felt I had worked so hard. I didn't have people to help me except Damon. And michael helped a little bit. Other than that it was me...hand sewed my igloo...got 99% of my food donated. I worked really hard. I got Lobster, Shrimp, stuffed crab, Grilled fish, crab stuffed mushrooms, I mean I really had a lot. I tried to follow Kim's layout of HOW the event would be judged. I had hand outs, lots of food, information and facts about my continent, games, decorations. I had it all. I even had a raffle to raise more money for missions. Yet I still lost. People told me my food had it! They thought I had won. I sold all my tickets for an extra 100 points. Did that even help? I mean people said it was between Kim or me. Hers was great. They had some great decorations and I loved the eggrolls. I don't know I don't want to be a bad sport or a whiner. I just worked really really hard and I really wanted to win. I gave 110% and I didn't want a award for "most fun" just so every continent could have something. I guess I don't feel it was judged by the guidelines that we were told it would be. I mean I dont think ill'ly (that a word?) of those that won...just bummed. Totally bummed *sigh* The good news is we raised a lot of money in one night. I am not sure which total is correct, at one point I heard $900 and at another time $1500. Erika and Lance got to be there which was pretty cool. Erika really loves her baby and has taken on the mom roll totally, kind of weird to see! She gets around pretty good in a cast too. And Kailee has initiated me. I am officially puked on :) But it was just a little bit. I think Kailee likes me though, cus I managed to keep her from crying and she even smiled and jumped while I was holding her! She's a cute baby and I love her facial expressions. It's actually really funny! They all looked pretty good in their kimonos too.

Oh and again about Lucky, the day after I posted about what his owner had told me, ther he lay in the yard with no cast. She had not taken him to the vet as she had said. I haven't seen him since. I don't know what has happened, maybe he finally made it to the vet.

Today is Damon and I's two year anniversary. We married March 20th, 2004. We have had a lot of ups and downs, even as up to yesterday. But this morning he surprised me with a really sweet card that he put a lot of effort into finding and he wrote a personal message in it. Then he hugged me for a long time said he loved me with all his heart and soul and he cried, more of a soft sob on my neck/shoulder while we were hugging. It was actually pretty sweet and romantic. So that made things good.

Then I go to leave and when getting in my car amongst the rain...I spill my orange juice on my seat. *GRRR* so I run in side and get a towel and carpet cleaner and clean it up and put a towel down over it so I don't have to sit on it. Then...the stuff I was eating for breakfast...drops on the floor of my car *MAJOR GRRR* needless to say it was a rough morning.

One good thing...I stopped to get gas, sign said 2.43 and that is the lowest I have seen the past few days (Cept walmart and I didnt have time to go there) so I thought I would stop. I noticed when I was fueling it said 2.23 on the pump...I thought hmmmm....I need to tell them. So, when I was finished I ran in and got a water and some breakfast and told the guy it charged me 2.23 instead of 2.43 and that I would pay the difference. He said no, what it reads it was you get it for. WOOHOO. I got gas 20cents cheaper!

Well that is about it... bye

7 comments:

Kasey said...

Im not enjoying anything right now...the boss just called...im looking for a new job. he didnt fire me...he is just completely different....I can't handle his personality.

Erika J. said...

Hey Kasey, don't be bummed - you did a really good job. AND you should be proud to be most fun. Lance and I were talking about how the kids really enjoyed your booth. Altho I didn't get to eat any of your food, I heard TONS of people bragging about how good it was. My mom said the grilled fish was GREAT.

Kailee liked you and Damon both. Thanks for taking care of her for a little while Saturday evening. She's certainly a handfull. Kailee doesn't usually like men too much but she seemed okay with Damon. Sorry for the puking incident - it's unpredictable. :) I did forewarn you tho!

Also... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

The Middle J said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Kasey said...

thnks

Erika J. said...

Sorry I haven't emailed you pictures yet. I fell asleep after you and I chatted and slept on and off most of the day. I'll get them to you ASAP.

Kasey said...

Tis Ok :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »