Monday, December 01, 2008

Extension Cord Wonders

While Emily was here last May/June, I bought what I thought was a great extension cord to put up some lights for the Luau. However upon closer inspection, after I got home, I realized it wasn't that great of a deal after all, because it didn't give you any extra length to the outlet, rather you plugged everything into the cord AT the outlet (which didn't give you any extra length) and it has a flip switch to turn everything on and off. Being the kind of person I am, I didn't take it back. I just don't like the extra footwork in taking things back. And, more often than not, I won't take something back. However, now that the Christmas season is upon us, I have found a use for this little invention, so as I sit here typing, I can look at the lovely glow of my Christmas tree that I turned on with the the flip of a switch. :) Simple things amuse me. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...Praise the Lord.

Tam said...

post a pic of your tree....

Bobbinoggin said...

that was very smart of you. :)

Valerie said...

lol, you sound like me about taking unwanted or things you dont need back to the store. I usually hang on to the things, cuase they will come in handy sometime or another.I bet your tree looks pretty!

Grace & Co said...

Ha! Ha!