Saturday, November 29, 2008

Painful Decorating

I put up my tree tonight with the help of momma. It is still in the decorating process though. We made a trip to walmart and I got some more decorations. Then I came home after dropping her off, and started opening my boxes of Christmas things. My pretty clean living room, has been transformed to a VERY messy space. Due to moving, my Christmas stuff was packed with lots of paper, which is adding to this messiness. After this Christmas, next year, Lord willing...it won't be as messy. Now for the painful part. As I was opening a box, all the sudden my left pointer finger had a sharp pain and it got worse, all the sudden I was looking at my finger saying ow ow oww. (I am a wimp when it comes to pain). I noticed a spot sorta turning white, then my finger started swelling, then it was getting numb. I was sorta scared, because here we have black widows, and brown recluse so I was thinking it was a spider. I don't have insurance at the moment, so if I needed medical attention, I didn't have the coverage for it. I called my mom and asked her to come over because I was scared. I really am wimpy when it comes to being sick in any way. I kept poking around with a knife in the box trying to find the little creature that injured me. Then I called Emily to ask her to pray for me. As I was leaving a message for her I looked down and gave a small scream (sorry for that em) and noticed a wasp or bee...whatever it was, on my shirt right below my chin. Ugh! I swept it off me and put that thing in a glass. Then momma got here, told me I was okay, and was praising the Lord. It coulda been worse. The spider thing..ya know. So, she took that little mean insect home to my dad in a ziploc baggy, to see if it was a wasp or bee. As she was going home, she called me and told me to turn off my tv and praise the Lord. I was crying when she left cus I was still scared and then sad, missing Damon. Wishing he was here to take care of me right now, even though it was just a very minor sting, it again reminded me I was "alone". So when she called, I did what she said, and really thanked the Lord that it only was a sting, not a bite from something worse and again it makes me realize I am not "alone" because He is with me every step of the way. God sees the loneliness I feel over Damon, and it is normal, but He also fills the void so that I can keep going on in life. I am thankful for that. And, now I have a new Christmas memory...haha. I have been stung while decorating, can honestly say that's never happened. Happy Decorating!

3 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

i'm really glad you're okay kiddo. i would have been scared it was a spider too! glad to hear it wasn't. :eek:

Rebekah Doran said...

Ouch! Those wasps stings hurt really bad. I stepped on one once and I cried. (I'm not really a baby when it comes to pain.) So your justified in crying. ;-) So glad that it wasn't a spider bite!

Erika J. said...

i'm glad you're okay! i wasn't scared of spiders until i moved here. we have lots of spiders, they're huge and most of them are brown recluse! ick!

i like your layout but it's kinda hard to read your posts. i'm having to move the page around the graphics so i can read your text.