Saturday, December 06, 2008

Lights, Lights, and More Lights.

First of all, a big big thank you to my neighbor, BEN!!! Thanks Ben, and thank you Becky for letting your husband climb up on someone else's roof to help a scaredy cat out! I borrowed their ladder to reach the peak of my house because Damon's wasn't tall enough. However, I was scared I was going to fall off or break it or whatever. Heights and I do not get along well. When I was a kid heights and small spaces didn't bother me. Now I am scared of both. I remember we went caving though at the time I don't think I called it that, and there was one point where we had to crawl through on our stomachs to get through. Now, NO WAY. Besides the fact I was a lot smaller than, there is no way you could get me to do that now. Panic city. Shew. Back to the point, Ben hung my lights on the last part I couldn't reach, then finished it around the corner. I owe them lots of cookies or something, I really appreciate my great neighbors. I should get a picture of what it looks like in the day too, because I think the garland is pretty as well. I will get a pic of it in the night and post that soon too, hopefully anyway.

Well, I need to get off here and get this house cleaned and ready for the party! Have a good day.

4 comments:

emily said...

I can't wait to see them!

Valerie said...

Yes, take pics!
That was really nice of the neighbor to help you..Aww!

Bobbinoggin said...

okay. i'm a dork. this post completely nullifies my comment to your most recent post.

oops!

anyway, your lights are really pretty.

Becky said...

Oh Ben's a good light-hanger. He jokes that I get so frustrated with him playing sports and getting himself hurt all the time, but come December I don't even bat an eye about him climbing on top of our very steep roof...Sorry, but the lights are a MUST! He's never fallen off yet. :)

Anyway, you did do most of the work so take your own pat on the back!
Also, I'm really sorry about not coming to the party. I was invited to three different ones in the same week and funds are tight. I decided I'd have to pass on all of them...maybe come spring/summer things will be better.
Also, I can't get over how awesome your red door looks. It made such a difference on the appearance of your home. You've done awesome!!