Thursday, November 13, 2008

What It Must Be...

...tomorrow is my sweet husband's second birthday in Heaven. Time doesn't exist in Heaven. I doubt birthday's are celebrated up there, but who knows. Only God, and those there, know. Regardless, I am here, and tomorrow will be a day that naturally will carry some sadness. Yet, in that sadness is something way better. Damon is IN Heaven. Wow. My husband is there. I am sad he isn't here with me, sad he won't get to see the baby's I thought we'd have had. Sad, that I can't make him his favorite desserts, cheesecake or Key Lime Pie. Sad he isn't here to say "happy birthday babe!" to. But, then I think of all his goals, his life's aspirations, and my sadness though still remaining, is overwrought by the joy I have FOR him. Joy that he made his number one goal come true. He and Jesus everyday, lived THE life of a true Christian and it carried him through Heavens thresh hold. Joy that his memory, his legacy, continues on in me, in his family, in all those that had the priviledge of knowing him. Damon is still very much present where it matters most, our hearts. Joy that even though he is no longer present with me, that I had the wonderful amazing awesome priviledge to know real and true love. The love most people go a lifetime, and still don't find. That God would give me one of the greatest blessings I have known, in the form of Damon as my husband.

To every thing there is a season. I am sad OUR season as husband and wife is over, that he isn't here in his family, and my family's life anymore. But more than that, I am SO HAPPY that his ETERNAL season with Jesus, has only just begun.

Dear sweet Damon, I love you sweet heart. I am so proud of you. Happy Birthday in Heaven.

3 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

i'm sorry this day will be hard for you.

your post was endearing and lovely.

Rachel said...

Brad was just looking at the plaque at church and said, "Damon's birthday is Thursday."

We miss him.

Praying for you Kasey.

Tam said...

Happy Birthday, Damon. We love and miss you!