Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turns Out...

I get to have THREE Thanksgiving dinners this year. Whoa. We had an early dinner today because my Cousin (in whom I haven't seen in about five years) was coming into town and would be at his mom's on the actual Thanksgiving day. Well, his flight into Boise got cancelled because of HEAVY fog. So, best laid plans....we still had dinner, no cousin. He went straight to his mom's house. Well, we are having dinner on Thanksgiving Day at my house, dinner two, then on Friday night we are having a get together at my Grandmas, where left overs from dinner two will be served, making that dinner (although not the "formal" setting) number three.

Today's dinner was yummy. I love my family. It is nice to be here to share Thanksgiving with them. I miss my other family in Tennessee though, I would trade the time shared with them for anything. They are in my heart, forever and always. In fact, I am making a dish in honor of them for dinner on Thursday, cheesecake. Nada always made a big ol pan of cheesecake which Damon got a big piece of. So, in honor of Damon and our family in Tennessee, there will be a big ol pan of cheesecake present at this dinner. May sound silly, but I think it's a good memory to, remember and share. I love Damon. I wish he were here, just like Im sure he wishes all of us were THERE!

Guess I will get off here for now.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I can't wait to cook for Thanksgiving..Glad you get to spend time with family..

I think it is a good idea with the bog ole pan of cheesecake.

~Amy said...

HOlidays always seem to be stressful like that. Rush here, rush there. No time to slow down and actually ENJOY your company, it seems. And that's so wrong, yet it's somehow normally the case. However, all the hustle and bustle is sometimes fun and exciting and energizing. I remember one of your recent posts about our attitude about things and how much that touched me. I guess it applies here too. My attitude has to be right to truly enjoy the holidays even in the midst of all the stress. You're such a blessing to me, Kasey. *big hugs*

God bless you.