Thursday, November 27, 2008

Not So Big

Okay, so my "big ol' pan of cheesecake" in honor of Damon, didn't turn out so big. :( Nada must have doubled the recipe or something. I am not using her recipe (because I don't have it) but found one I thought was similar. And, wouldn't ya know, it called for evaporated milk. Which I didn't have. Furthermore, wasn't going to get any. Hmph. I had two cans of evaporated milk, which also turns out can actually go bad. Hmph again. Who knew? Not me. I thought canned food stayed good for a REALLY long time. So what if the use by date was in 06'...I am embarassed to admit that to some degree. To think I kept things in my cupboard that are THAT old. Which means, they probably came with me from Tennesse, because I couldn't bear to keep throwing away food, so what I couldn't give away or throw away, I packed. Back to the cheesecake, it is not in the huge ole pan size that Nada made, its in a small I don't even know the size pan. I guess maybe a 9 X 9 or 10X10. And since I didn't have the evaporated milk, I emprovised. Tasted it, it tastes okay, so we shall see. My pecan pie is in the oven, and I put it in a deepdish pie pan, and the recipe only makes a regular pie, so I am a bit low. The mac n cheese is done, and just needs to be thrown in the oven to reheat and melt the top cheese. The turkey is in the fridge brining for in the morning, and that leaves the mashed potatoes and gravey, cook the turkey, and the green bean casserole. Everyone else is bringing the rest.

Beyond the food (and more importantly), I wish everyone a wonderful THANKSGIVING Day filled with memories, thankfulness, love, family, friends, and most importantly- JESUS. Thank You Lord for all You are, saving my soul, and blessing me with my family and friends, and the countless good things You have given me in this life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

honey, what time did you go to bed last nite?

Tam said...

Hey, I'm making a cheesecake today too!