Sunday, November 09, 2008

Late

I am up late...decided to organize my "office" this evening. I had intended to clean the house in general, but sometimes you just need to organize. Tonight I accomplished that. I still have lots of boxes from moving. Things that for whatever reason I am keeping all in those little boxes. So, I went through a lot and grouped things together, some stuff like old magazines I am getting rid of. My closet looks so much better. I even decorated a bit in there, hung a few pictures, it looks so much more homey. Now it is really late, and I need to go beddy by. I didn't do a devotion today. That bugs me. And, it should. I prayed off and on at different times, but I didn't actually have a prayer and reading time. I would think, what if Jesus came back today. Ugh, I don't want to miss it. We have to be living right, and be ready every day. We means me. Today is a new day, a new chance to make it right by Jesus today. Well, (I have noticed I say "well" at the end of nearly every blog) good night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you should invite your dad to go to your Christmas party, it would make him feel very special.

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness, I have a garage full of boxes I have not went through since we have moved,I was just thinking last night I need to go through them and sort out what I am keeping and what I am getting rid of..It is just a job I keep putting off..lol

Rebekah Doran said...

Yah for getting organized! That always make things so much better. I need to get our bedrooms organized. They went downhill over the summer. :P

emily said...

I'm sorry I wasn't up ^^ I wish I wouldn't have been- actually I wish I could have been there and helped you. That would have been fun. I am really looking forward to those two weeks. Good times ahead, fo sho.

Bobbinoggin said...

darling kasey,

i admire your fervent devotion to God. but i want to encourage you by reminding you that your salvation is not through works. reading your bible and praying to God is not what saves you. else, you wouldn't need Christ at all. if He came today, He wouldn't say... has Kasey done her devotion? no? well she can stay with the rest!

for heaven's sake girl. you need to be a little more forgiving of yourself. God asks us to bare his image. You must do this through forgiving yourself and enjoying His presence. even if you skip a day with your bible open and sitting in prayer.

lovingly,
m.

~Amy said...

Organizing does feel great, doesn't it? I need to do that with the stuff that has accumulated on the top of my refrigerator since we moved here. We live in a shoebox, so the top of my refrigerator has become a junk drawer for lack of one. So I have a basket full of junk, a bottle of bubbles for outside bubble days, a small bag of candy, a small stack of stickers and other "prizes" for Jackson, and a few other odds and ends. It looks horrible and must be rectified soon .... when I get to it. HA!!!

:D

Mark said...

I was inspired to do the same when I read the latter part of your post. Then I read Ms. Noggin's comment and read the post again. She's right and I do the same as you sometimes, so I understand where you're coming from. We don't know how much time we have here to use the life He gave us to build a stronger personal relationship with Him, so when we miss a chance to do so, it's upsetting. You gave yourself a gentle prodding to continue to do so and I respect that.

Continue to enjoy the life God gave you. God bless.